The Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts bearings, forklifts, wheel loaders tractors and trailers. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently.
- Performs repairs in accordance with Company Safety and OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, optical sorters, diverters, compressors, trash compactors, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders, tractors/trailers and building equipment
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises leadership if additional work is needed or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times
- Inspects the quality of third-party repairs and or rebuilds
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality
- Safely operates tools and equipment needed during the repair and servicing of equipment
- Diagnose defects and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles
- Estimate time and materials required to perform major repairs
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- • High school diploma or general education degree (GED); technical diploma desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- • Demonstrate ability to follow detailed instructions, work independently and maintain accurate records.
- • Ability to understand and effectively use repair and parts manuals written in English.
- • Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job.
- • Possess physical ability to perform all aspects of job.
- • Frequently lift/push/pull up to 100 pounds.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
This job has expired.