We are looking to hire a Plant Operator Lead for our Daniels' medical waste treatment facility in Westland. A Plant Operator Lead has a widely varying role, from checking in containers, double checking paperwork, moving/unloading specific waste containers, and operating a forklift to load an autoclave. The ideal Plant Operator Lead is an individual who likes variety in their work and can think through practical problems.
Now offering a $500 new hire bonus to our employees out in Westland, MI!
What will your job involve?
What are we looking for?
- Supervises all production activities ensuring their successful completion
- Loads and unloads trucks and trailers on site to ensure all transports are prepared in a timely manner for our next load
- Prepares and packs customer orders for transport and moving trucks
- Manages training and assists employees and new hires
- Enforces a high standard of finish across all products with outstanding attention to detail
- Adheres to budgets, time schedules and deadlines
- Oversees and enforces OSHA requirements
- Engages in root cause analysis for issues detrimentally affecting production
- Manages the cleanliness of production area and facilities
- Leads and motivates staff
- Manages the allocation of resources for manufacture
- Pushes continuous improvement in workplace safety, production efficiency, product cost & customer satisfaction
- Promotes & maintains a clean workplace that is 'audit' ready at any given time
- Supports Plant Supervisor with day to day operations and additional duties
Why work for us?
- Can-do attitude - someone who is committed to the schedule and success of their team
- 1 + years of previous lead experience is preferred
- Previous experience in a labor-intensive role
- Excellent organisation and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage a wide variety of activities at the same time
- Ability to plan, analyse and challenge team
- Able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with many stakeholders
- Solid understanding of all people related processes and procedures
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
Who are we?
Job stability - as an essential service to healthcare we are non-seasonal and recession proof.
Opportunities for overtime - we always need extra hands on deck so overtime opportunities are plentiful
Consistent work hours - This position is 2nd shift Monday-Friday from 3:30 PM- 12:00 AM with no weekends!
Benefits - Full time roles are provided benefits, sick leave and vacation leave from day one
Permanent position - This is a Full-time permanent role of 40 hours per week
Competitive salary - This position is offering a rate of $19 per hour!
Safe work environment - We supply above and beyond the standard PPE protocols for safe handling of medical waste - find out more about how we protect you at https://www.danielshealth.com/covid-19-employees
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and medical waste collection for hospitals, medical centers, surgical centers, nursing homes and an array of customers within the healthcare setting. Our focus is delivering quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce needlestick injuries, positively impact infection control and reduce environmental burden. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat medical waste on site at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
This job has expired.