WEG: Our Company
Founded in 1961, WEG is recognized as one of the largest electric machine manufacturers in the world. WEG employs over 30,000 people around the globe and offers a diversified and integrated product line, with sales to more than 135 countries worldwide.
At WEG, our Values stand as: Human Company, Team Work, Efficiency, Flexibility, Innovation and Leadership.
As a Human Company, we value each individual contribution to our success, and we motivate people by means of integrity, ethics and constant support to personal development.
WEG, also, supports Green Initiatives such as the implementation of a company-wide recycling program, the use of green chemicals for office cleaning, the elimination of Styrofoam cups, and installation of HVAC economizers on rooftop units and an energy management system to improve overall energy efficiency.
Role: Production Operator (2nd & 3rd Shift)
You may see yourself in this role, if you are an experienced production operator who has mechanical and/or electrical aptitude, a strong work ethic, two years prior manufacturing experience, and are looking for a serious career opportunity.
You will perform a range of tasks in the production of a transformer:
- Reading, understanding and interpreting Bills of Materials (BOMs), drawings, schematics and specifications (all found in the job binder) to complete assignments with limited supervision;
- Moving coils to a phase sliding workstation. Using wooden blocking, psp spacers, psp cylinders, cooling ducts and other insulation materials. Shrink wrapping windings for storage.
- Framing and top-yoking active part.
- Properly identifying and calculating lengths of cable for all lead runs; preparing leads as well as cable assemblies; making all Low-Voltage (LV) and High-Voltage (HV) connections, Load Tap Changer (LTC) connections, preventive auto transformer connections and/or series booster transformer connections if applicable. Route and tie off leads.
- Verifying correct installation of insulation and lead runs for running cable leads, ensuring all clearances are maintained and all crimped, bolted and/or brazed connections are installed.
- Loading unit in Vapor Phase oven with overhead crane utilizing safe lifting practices to dry unit as per manufacturing procedures.
- Preparing cover, installing bushings, current transformers (CTs) and other hardware for mounting onto tank or active part.
- Moving unit to and from test bay using overhead crane.
- Ability to work evening or night shift;
- Able to work limited over-time as needed;
- Resides within reasonable commuting distance or have plans to do so;
- Must be authorized to work in the US;
- ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)
WEG offers competitive compensation, meaningful and exciting career options, as well as excellent benefits, including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability. Apply Today:
Do you have passion for safety?
Would you like to see what you've accomplished at the end of the day?
Would you like a bright future with a growing company?
If you answered "Yes" & meet our qualifications, we invite you to apply today to join the WEG Team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This job has expired.