Backed by more than 40 years of experience and one of the industry's leading safety performance records, PPM, helps clients address the complex challenges inherent in today's manufacturing and industrial facilities environment. Our wide experience in meeting industrial plant maintenance needs enables us to implement systems and processes that keep your facilities and equipment running at consistently optimum levels.
Job Title: PPM Multi-Site Boiler/Mechanical/Piping Superintendent 1.2
Job Summary: Provide management skills, leadership and judgment level necessary to autonomously achieve all profit, time, quality and customer satisfaction objectives. Directs, coordinates, and exercises authority for planning, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing the assigned project(s). This position manages subordinates and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of employees.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees under your management; planning, assigning and directing work; and addressing complaints and resolving issues. This position requires incumbent to travel extensively and overnight
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain client relationships and provide jobsite leadership and direction.
- Establish profit/time objectives and Project Status Reports.
- Effectively evaluate and interpret all contract documents and identify areas of risk or concern. Work with Corporate Quality, Purchasing, HR, and Safety leaders as a team when making final decisions.
- Achieve all profit, time, quality and customer satisfaction objectives on assigned projects.
- Review and approve final estimates and budgets for assigned projects.
- Manage job activities in accordance with MOR PPM policies and procedures, specifically those required of a Site Manager and within the bounds of the project contract.
- Develop and manage the scheduling process.
- With the aid of senior or executive management, manage long-term risk on projects; recognize significant risk issues, timely and review with executive management.
- Participate in the development of project bid packages and subcontractor/vendor agreements for approval. Effectively negotiate agreements with subcontractors/vendors in a timely manner and in conjunction with Purchasing Director.
- Manage all key risk management documents including subcontractor bonds and insurance and review bonding requirements with the Safety Director.
- Effectively manage the correspondence and communication process for assigned projects utilizing memos, action items, company logs and other management tools as necessary.
- Follow the processes for submitting MPR, ensuring jobs are posted and the hiring processes are followed.
- Effectively manage all material procurement for projects, indirectly and through Purchasing Director.
- Effectively manage the change order process so that change orders to the owner and subcontractors are processed timely.
- Effectively manage the cost reporting and tracking system and accurately forecast costs.
- Effectively manage the Owner Furnished Equipment verification and delivery process.
- Effectively track and manage the cost reporting of the local jobsite accounts and field purchase orders.
- Effectively manage the closeout process of assigned projects.
- Responsible for the return of company provided tools and equipment - noting any items not returned and why.
- Procure project permits with all necessary agencies.
A minimum of ten-years combined experience in heavy industrial construction/paper mill setting as a General Foreman/Superintendent level OR a combination of completed Engineering and/or Construction Management degree, military experience, and experience as General Foreman/Superintendent is required.Qualifications & Skills:
- Must have good written and oral communications. Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret contract documents, safety standards, operating and maintenance instructions, blue print drawings and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, subcontractors, and/or employees of the organization.
- Ability to establish professional, trusting and meaningful relationships with Clients
- Competent in PC skills, corporate email and cloud based file sharing programs.
- Preferred experience in P6 and/or Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of all facets of industrial Construction. Advanced understanding of blueprint reading. Thorough knowledge of mechanical/piping and E&I systems. Ability to recognize quality work. Ability to coordinate many different activities. Knowledge of industry safety procedures.
- Thorough working knowledge of all phases of a construction project, e.g., site work, utilities, foundations, structural, mechanical, piping, instrumentation, electrical, start up and commissioning.
- Must be able to assume responsibility for entire project. Working knowledge of R&M policies and procedures and within the bounds of the project contract. Thorough understanding of contractual terms. Thorough knowledge of R&M scheduling and cost reporting procedures. Knowledge of contracting and subcontracting bonding and insurance requirements. Ability to identify job risks
Notice to prospective employees:
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confided spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance ladders
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms and other job-related noises
- Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and is companies list open positions here.
Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine. EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.