Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Aftermarket Solutions, is a major international force in its specific sector.
As a Precision Application Software Architect, you will support the design of timely, efficient and cost effective embedded electrical solutions Ag and Construction applications. This position is responsible to evaluate current software design performance, define high level software designs and define software requirements for the development teams.
- Collaborate with other teams to review and approve vehicle requirements
- Design software systems (high level design)
- Create and maintain design documents (Software block diagram, Interface definitions and software partitions)
- Make design decisions to ensure implementation will meet performance requirements
- Design the distribution of software components in multiple control units
- Design the inter module communication protocol and interfaces (CAN, LIN, Ethernet…)
- Define test requirements validate performance requirements are met
- Create and manage software development schedules
- Monitor effectiveness and mentor designers
- Lead development team and ensure software processes are followed
- Expand use of virtual prototyping, MIL, SIL and HIL techniques
- Lead root cause investigation using sound engineering principles, practices and judgment pertaining to specific engineering problems.
- Experience using open source development tools such as Git (version control), Gerrit (code reviews), or Jenkins (Continuous Integration).
- Position Pays 100,000 to 140,000
The qualified candidate will have:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
- Minimum 10 years product development experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in requirements definition and documentation
- Position can reside in Burr Ridge IL or Mt Joy IA
The ideal candidate will have:
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Experience with precision farming applications that use ISOBus, Virtual Terminal / Universal Terminal and Task Controller
- Understanding of Design Patterns (e.g. MVC - Model-View-Controller).
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking protocols and Sockets programming.
- Experience using V-Model and/or Agile (e.g. Scrum) software development processes.
- Experience working with ISOBUS/VT/UT and Task controller applications
CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here.
CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about our company's commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
This job has expired.