Waystar is seeking a smart and creative Principal Product Manager with hands on experience in Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management. We are looking for someone who has a passion for building great products and the natural instincts for making decisions that lead to highly useable software. This professional self-starter will report to a Director, Product Management and work closely with User Experience team and Technology teams. The Principal Product Manager will lead large scale, cross departmental strategic product initiatives coordinating with key stakeholders in sales, marketing, design, development, and operations. This role will be charged with leading game changing efforts at Waystar within the company's Product team for new to market and existing solutions. The ideal candidate will understand the significant flaws that exist in the healthcare market and have a passion for solving those problems.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Analyzing various product inputs, customer requirements, designing solution architectures and developing the business case for new product development
- Preparing software design plans including product specifications, use case documentation and user interface wireframes (both independently and with assistance from our User Experience team)
- Working closely with internal and external resources to define system requirements that meet changing market needs and ensure customer satisfaction and product quality
- Assisting your VP of Product Management in coordinating with sales, marketing, development, and customer support to bring together divergent ideas and convince various stakeholders to rally behind a single product vision
- Working with your VP of Product Management to manage the product roadmap, including documenting product strategy, maintaining the feature backlog, and coordinating releases
- Organizing market research including analyzing customer segments, reviewing industry research reports, and assessing strengths and weaknesses of competitors
- Studying healthcare industry standards and staying up-to-date on industry changes and compliance issues
- Gathering inspiration and ideas by visiting customers regularly and reviewing software and other products that solve similar problems in other domains
- Collecting direct customer feedback by organizing user tests, studying customer support incidents, administering user surveys, and visiting customers to study product interaction in their natural environment
- You know how to execute and like to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- You are comfortable in front of a whiteboard and can describe complex information in a concise but thorough fashion
- You can lead a cross functional team through the entire PDLC, rallying them to deliver value to clients, partners, and Waystar
- You have at least 4 years software build experience and have led the end to end build of at least 2 large scale product initiatives (new products/major upgrades) and brought them to market
- An understanding of hospital & professional coding and billing workflows and the provider reimbursement process, obtained either through direct experience in a healthcare setting or an RCM focused HIT company
- Provided leadership on a team that designed, built, or used Revenue Cycle Management products
- Organizing market research including analyzing customer segments and industry trends
- Possess robust technical fundamentals, especially when it comes to building software
- Problem solving skills; able to analyze a problem and design creative solutions
- Attention to detail; extraordinary eye for usability and the customer experience
- Excellent written communication skills; able to succinctly convey complex ideas through the written word
- Great people skills; able to facilitate, negotiate and persuade stakeholders; ability to communicate progress, challenges and celebrate accomplishments
- Flexible and agile; able to rapidly adapt to changing situations and inputs
- College Degree required; Business or Computer Science degree preferred
Waystarprovides cloud-based technology that simplifies and unifies healthcare payments.Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
Waystar products have won Best in KLAS® or Category Leader every year since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visitwaystar.comor follow@Waystaron Twitter.
This job has expired.