Facebook is looking for an experienced public policy professional to help manage strategic initiatives promoting the company's perspectives on key issues related to data policy and regulation. This role sits on Facebook's Privacy & Data Policy team within the company's Global Public Policy organization. Facebook's Privacy & Data Policy team is responsible for managing the company's strategy around the full range of privacy and data policy issues relating to the Facebook family of apps. These issues include, for example, the use of data for personalized advertising, responsible commercial data sharing, data localization, automated decision-making, data portability, and youth data privacy. The team also engages globally with a wide range of stakeholders, including civil society, academia, industry associations, government, and political parties. For this Policy Campaigns role, the primary responsibilities will be to help develop Facebook's positions on key data policy issues, like responsible commercial data-sharing and U.S. federal privacy legislation, and then deliver high ROI campaigns to advance those perspectives within the public policy community. The role will also serve as a subject matter expert on privacy and data policy within the broader public policy organization, and bring to bear that expertise in cross-functional projects that promote Facebook's public policy objectives. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter, a good team player, and creative problem solver able to switch easily between detailed tactical work and high-level strategic thinking. The candidate must be deeply familiar with public policy work and have a meaningful understanding of data privacy and Internet technologies. The candidate should also be passionate about the services Facebook provides and the people we serve.This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a team working on some of the most complex policy issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional public policy campaigns advancing Facebook's data policy priorities
- Monitor and analyze the public policy discussion around data policy and regulation trends, identify implications for Facebook and its products, align cross-functionally on our positions, and articulate these positions in appropriate formats
- Directly engage with policymakers, industry, civil society, and thought leaders on your areas of subject matter expertise
- Serve as an effective representative for Facebook regarding privacy and data policy issues, including in external meetings and conferences
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience with privacy, data protection, or technology policy issues (3+ years experience with advanced degree in relevant field)
- Experience working on political and/or public policy campaigns
- Experience advancing public policy conversations through campaign development and third-party engagement
- Track record of project management with a demonstrated experience managing multiple public policy and legislative campaigns in a fast-paced environment simultaneously
- Experience developing and using campaign tools, such as messaging, research, grassroots organizing, and coalition building to advance legislative and public policy campaigns
- JD or equivalent, MPP, or technical degree
- Experience working directly with executives to support business decision making
- Understanding of mobile and Internet technologies and how data is processed to support them
- Working familiarity with privacy legislative and regulatory frameworks
- Experience in the federal legislative and/or federal agency policy development and rulemaking process
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.