Facebook is looking for a Privacy and Data Policy Manager experienced in data sharing and data protection issues. The team's mission is to develop privacy-protective and innovative approaches to data that help bring the world closer together and improve people's lives. In this role, you will serve as a primary point of contact for Facebook's global policy organization for privacy and data incidents and work to develop and implement products, processes, procedures, and policies that enable us to share data with third parties proactively, in privacy-preserving and responsible ways. The ideal candidate for this role is a collaborative, self-motivated, problem solver who thrives in fast-paced environments and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate should excel at both detailed work and high-level strategic thinking. This candidate will also have a meaningful understanding of relevant stakeholders and perspectives in the privacy community, be able to use this understanding to promote privacy protective data sharing, and advance the external privacy dialogue across our industry.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the Global Policy Team on high priority privacy and data incidents
- Develop thoughtful policies and provide guidance on the privacy implications of products, services, features, and controls centered on data sharing and use, particularly with third-party researchers
- Support the cross-functional incident management team in the triage, mitigation, and remediation of privacy incidents to ensure that the personal information of our users is safe, secure, and used appropriately
- Build consensus, internal and externally, around solutions to complicated data sharing and data protection issues
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience with privacy, data, or technology policy issues (4+ years with advanced degree in relevant field)
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience with global privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines, especially those relevant for social media and Internet companies
- JD, MPP, or technical degree
- Product counseling experience
- Experience working with academic researchers or in an academic research setting
- Working understanding of advanced privacy preserving technologies and approaches, such as differential privacy, homomorphic encryption, and multi-party computing
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.