We are seeking a Product & Professional Services Designer to help us fulfill our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. This is a remote position.
The Product and Professional Services Designer will serve as part of a team of experts working to design and develop innovative product designs and professional services for new and existing products that meet internal and external customer requirements. In addition, the Product and Professional Services Designer will deliver direct professional services in both STEM and SEL contents.
What you will be working on:
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Design the content for professional learning service offerings and facilitator guides to allow for scaled delivery of ACT Professional Service offerings
- Deliver professional learning services to clients
- Facilitate teams engaged in product design and development as a subject matter expert in STEM and SEL
- Support product and service marketing and sales strategic development and implementation with: o Application of market research and analytics o Review of product marketing collateral for subject matter accuracy for STEM and SEL o Contribution to RFP responses and proposals for products and services
- Contribute to prototype specifications, quality control, and quality assurance content and processes
- Contribute to development of wrap around services for product use in conjunction with implementation team members (e.g. development of customer success tools)
We are looking to fill one position and the level at which the position will be filled is determined by the qualifications of the finalist.
It's a plus if you have:
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching, print and/or digital curriculum and/or assessment design and development, or other closely related experience
- Experience in the delivery and coordination of professional learning services for teachers and instructional coaches
- Demonstrated experience in management of complex projects from inception to completion
- Experience using a variety of technology-based solutions to design and develop innovative educational content
- Subject matter expertise in STEM and SEL
- Ability to effectively organize and facilitate project meetings
- Understanding of state and district use of curriculum and assessments for STEM and SEL
- Demonstrated achievement in developing, monitoring, and continuously improving high quality educational content.
- Collaboration - work effectively with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Inclusion - actively seeks and engages with diverse perspectives and invites a sense of belonging
- Communication - ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organization
- Decision making - acts decisively with sound judgement; uses data to analyze options and form opinions
- Information literacy - uses subject matter knowledge and skills to effectively acquire and apply information
- Optimization - ability to apply continuous improvement to existing processes and programs
- Innovation - develops ideas that are new, better, or unique; embraces and promotes diverse perspectives
- Change management - ability to manage change and navigate positively in an environment experiencing change at a fast pace
- Initiative - uses self-starter approach, ability to multi-task, proactively anticipates and acts on information and details needed, completes tasks with little to no direction
- Self-development - remains current in area of expertise, seeks opportunities to expand and grow skills
- Accountability - takes responsibility and follows through on commitments; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one's behavior
- Bachelor's degree in education or related area of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
Your Work Makes a Difference
- Experience as a building or district administrator
- Prior experience as an instructional coach
- Knowledge and experience in providing educational supports for students with identified special needs and/or students who are English Language Learners
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a team of educators who are passionate about designing and delivery outstanding professional development as a means to grow student achievement.
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry-helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life's transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We're doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we're all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That's why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!