At Facebook Reality Labs, we are focused on defining experiences in Augmented and Virtual Reality, finding new ways for people to connect and build communities and help people feel more present with each other even when we're apart. Facebook's work in augmented and virtual reality spans a number of breakthrough technologies and touches industries ranging from entertainment and gaming to education and beyond. Oculus lets people defy distance with cutting-edge VR hardware; Portal helps friends and families stay connected and share the moments that matter in meaningful ways; while our AR teams are taking augmented reality to the next level with everything from glasses to wearables and more. Our research teams invent and iterate on novel technologies that break exciting new ground. Our teams of designers, engineers, content designers and researchers are passionate about building the next personal computing platform that puts people at the center and enables them to be more present and connected with people they care most about. We're looking for a Product Design Manager who isn't afraid to jump in and explore new challenges. You have a balance of interaction design, visual design, people management and product thinking skills. You are customer obsessed and research driven. You're a natural collaborator and care deeply about mentoring and growing teams. This posting represents different full-time roles within Facebook Reality Labs.
- Hire, mentor and manage a medium-to-large design teams that consistently delivers on projects and is well-balanced across the different design skill sets.
- Responsible for overall team performance and health, resource allocation, project prioritization, and building a culture of design excellence.
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and content strategists.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for people using our products.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- 3+ years of experience managing and mentoring teams in highly matrixed organizations that work cross-functionally with engineering and product management
- 4+ years of design experience, encompassing interaction design and visual design with proficiency in elements such as: typography, desktop and/or mobile UI, spatial computing, 2D and/or 3D, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a breadth of visual and interaction design skills
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
- Experience designing for hardware products and new interaction models
- Experience working in AR and VR environments
- UI/Interaction development experience in a 3D product
- Experience with delivering 0-1 products from concept stages to launch
- Experience working on large scale, complex projects across multiple org pillars
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.