7041 - CarMax Shockoe - 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Create a world-class omni-channel experience
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by reimagining the way people buy and sell vehicles. From improving the online trade-in experience to creating simpler processes for store Associates, our product design cuts across the physical and digital spaces to put the customer experience at the center of everything we do. Our skills lie not only in finding solutions but in defining the right problems to solve. By translating complex customer and business needs into seamless digital experiences, our Product Designers improve the performance of our business and ensure customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that's right for them.
What you will do - Essential responsibilities
Improve customer experience with every interaction
- Take part in user experience research, speaking to customers and Associates to discover what they need to help them buy and sell vehicles seamlessly
- Create prototypes, wireframes, sketches, journey maps and other digital tools to test and improve product experiences in collaboration with internal and external customers
- Use research to challenge and validate design decisions in an ongoing development process that strives to make the customer experience better
- Work hand in hand with Product Managers and Lead Developers throughout the discovery, design and development process to bring great ideas to life
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to continuously improve what we do and ensure our customer experience is the greatest it can be
Developing ground-breaking products takes more than technical skills. At CarMax, you'll use your curiosity, empathy and entrepreneurial spirit to shape a design culture that centers on the customer. Working collaboratively as part of a durable product team, you'll own the design thinking process from end to end: consulting users, building prototypes, carrying out experiments and implementing new products. Your understanding of user-centered design processes means you balance customer needs with business goals and have the capability and ambition to influence product design across the organization.Qualifications and requirements
- A track-record of researching, prototyping, discovery and designing
- E-commerce and omni-channel/retail experience is preferred
- At least three years' experience in product, interaction and visual design; experience in responsive/adaptive design experience is preferred
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.