Description: Our client is currently seeking a Product Owner
As PO, this person is responsible for writing user stories that align to the prioritized features and ensure the pipeline stays full and is prioritized. The PO should be internally focused on the agile team and implementation. The PO has a significant role in quality and is the only team member empowered to accept user stories as done. The PO will also work with the Product Manager to prepare for the Program Increment planning meeting and working with Business Initiative owners and SMEs on a daily basis.
• Develops features in collaboration with Product Manager
• Writes user stories and acceptance criteria
• Ensures that user stories meet Definition of Ready (DoR)
• Updates the user stories in Rally (Agile Management Tool)
• Manages and prioritizes the program and sprint backlogs continuously (prior to and during the backlog grooming sessions).
• Protects the team from distractions like non-sprint work and minimizes changes committed user stories.
• Empowered to make all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint
• Provide sign off to "Accept" each user story during sprint
• Responsible for completing the "Requirements - Control gate form" during Release Planning stages and responsible for engaging teams such as Security, ARB, Legal, etc. for review and approval
• Champions efforts to attain product vision and objectives
• Collaborates with other Product Owners and/or Product Manager to uphold business priority and vision
• Participates mandatory forums such as Sprint planning retro, PO/PM Sync, daily stand up etc.
• Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Rich knowledge and experience in Agile and Scrum
• Prioritization skills in Agile environment
• Being able to focus on vision and manage conflict
• Capable to adapt to different personality types and work with both analytical and technical teams.
• Experience in architect
• Experience in Software development
• Experience in Fraud/Authorization
• Experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other technical fields
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!