Worker Time Type
The primary responsibility of this position is to operate and troubleshoot the robot including bagging and/or stacking ice on pallets as required and operate the forklift and any other relevant machines as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and operate industrial robot used in the manufacturing process, according to specifications and pre-programmed machine control instructions. Reads work orders and specifications to determine prescribed setup and operation.
- Enter commands to start robot, observes robotic operation, and monitors screen of machine controller for malfunctions and error messages.
- Conduct scheduled preventive maintenance on robot, including minor repairs, changing robot settings, suction cups and heads.
- Learn to start and stop the line when needed.
- Monitor production quality, including regular bag weight checks; make modifications to the production line if weights do not meet specifications.
- Complete daily DVM boards.
- Perform bagging and tying of bags off conveyor equipment.
- Stack a variety of products, ranging from 5lb to 40lb bags onto standard pallets, in a neat fashion, to create square and shippable pallets.
- Help monitor product quality including; bags not properly tied, foreign objects, discolored ice and any deviation from standards.
- Keep the area safe and report potential hazards to supervisor.
- Implement and follow lock out/tag out process and procedures as needed.
- Clean immediate work area and entire facility according to the Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Ability to concentrate and perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrate a caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
- Possess fast reflexes and unimpaired coordination and ability to rapidly respond to stimuli
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform required functions
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions