Production Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
Additional Job DescriptionWork requirements include:
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and supply to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Perform bench, floor or conveyor assembly work, usually of short cycle duration, and involving standardized work elements. Must be able to comprehend and follow written work instructions. Work may involve using hand positioning, assist devices such as hoists, and power tools or other equipment.
- First responder support of production machining and/or assembly environment. This entails use of computerized equipment and activities to include machine resets, quality and utilizing standardized work instructions.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform tasks on all equipment in assigned workspace.
- Perform predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance activities
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Report for work on time to support production startup and throughput goals
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while frequently bending, twisting, reaching and periodically lifting up to 40 lbs.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of General Motors.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work any shift.
- Overtime hours are common and may be available with little notice.
- Production Saturdays may be required as part of a typical schedule.
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. Holiday pay and health care options after 90 days.
- Current temporary employees may receive preference if regular full-time positions become available.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includecomprehensive assessments, hair drug testing, and a background check.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.