Professional Research Assistant
Requisition Number: 45135
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date:
The University of Colorado's Center for Health and Neuroscience, Genes, and Environment (CUChange) has a Full-Time Professional Research Assistant position available.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We are a motivated team that conducts transdisciplinary research exploring factors linked with the potential health risks and health benefits of Cannabis use in a number of populations. We seek a full-time research assistant across two projects: one aimed at understanding how cannabis affects cognition, mood, motor function, and decision making and a second aimed at understanding the role of cannabis in metabolism and glucose regulation. Both of these projects involve blood collection, so we seek a research assistant with strong phlebotomy skills. This position is well suited for a recent graduate pursuing a career or planning an advanced degree in medicine, psychology, neuroscience, integrative physiology, translational human participant research, or other biomedical research.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Serve as a research assistant across projects.
- Conduct blood collection as needed according to study protocols.
- Assist with study participant recruitment, screening, and scheduling, leading study visits including informed consent, conducting self-report tasks with study participants, and data management and quality control.
- Capable of working effectively and respectfully with participants who may have physical or cognitive limitations and who come from a variety of backgrounds, lifestyles, and personalities.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment. What We Can Offer
This salary range for this full-time position is: $40,000.00-$41,000.00 annually. Benefits
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be Statements
Be impactful. Be proactive. Be Boulder. What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree, in psychology, neuroscience, life sciences, physiology, or another related field.
- Experience conducting human participant research appointments and eligibility screenings.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work collaboratively with study staff, postdoctoral researchers, undergraduates, principal investigators, and other laboratories.
- Phlebotomy experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Current resume or CV.
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee briefly describing your qualifications, professional goals, and specific interest in this position.
- Transcripts/proof of degree.
We will request reference information and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until filled.Note:
Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Professional-Research-Assistant/45135
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency