Job Title: Construction Project Engineer
Location: Leesburg, VA / Ashburn, VA
Reports to: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time / Exempt
Work Shift: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. / Mon. - Fri.
ABOUT US: The Poole and Kent Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc.Poole and Kent is one of the leading mechanical contractors in the eastern United States. Our construction and service (mechanical and electrical) experience includes a broad range of commercial and government projects, including data centers, hospitals, sports stadiums, convention centers, hotels, and research laboratories.
SUMMARY: The Project Engineer assists the company in meeting its objectives and goals by supporting the Project Manager and project team, which are responsible for overseeing, and directing assigned commercial construction projects taking appropriate actions to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and with defined resources. The Project Engineer along with the project management team will ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following:
- Assist with the execution and management of the terms of project contracts.
- Prepare and present computer generated spreadsheets and reports.
- Perform QA/QC for project equipment, and materials and all related document control and reporting. Must be able to adapt, learn, and execute new software technologies for the record keeping and reporting of the QA/QC information.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with project superintendents by spending time on assigned job sites.
- Generate, maintain and facilitate project documentation in the execution of project/construction processes for all-phases of the project. This will include, but is not limited to, requests for information, submittals, project plans, specifications, subcontract documentation, purchase orders, material orders, etc.
- Attention to detail, efficiency and integrity with work product are required.
- Flexibility with assigned work environment, and assigned project locations. Will be required to commute to various project site locations.
- Valid driver's license and responsible transportation required.
- Attend and conduct meetings as required.
- Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, construction management, business administration or related field, or a combination of education and experience attaining Journeyman status.
- Prior internship experience in related field and/or one to three years of mechanical, plumbing, and/or industrial HVAC field experience.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply OSHA safety standards.
- Working knowledge of construction contract language and terms.
- Familiarity with local market is desirable.
- Direct experience with increasing expertise in Microsoft Office Word and Excel applications.
- Flexibility and adaptability in utilizing a wide variety of industry specific software as determined by the project (e.g. Constructware®, Prolog®, Helix®, etc.).
- The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be sensitive to completing assigned work within expectations, and deadlines as defined by the demands of the project and upstream client.
- Must demonstrate ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects
- Must demonstrate technical skills in project management within the level of experience for this position, quality assurance, and costing.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems on a strategic and tactical level.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, government agencies, general and subcontractors, and suppliers.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to commute to field locations.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.