Job Title: Project Engineer
Reports to: Vice President of Estimating
Location: Dayton, Ohio
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Quebe Holdings, Inc is a leading electrical services company providing preconstruction, construction, systems integration, and energy solutions in a variety of markets, including automotive, commercial, healthcare, education, industrial, and mission critical.
Quebe is comprised of five Ohio-based business units consisting of Chapel Electric Co., LLC; Romanoff Electric Co., LLC; Chapel-Romanoff Technologies, LLC; Kastle Electric Company; and Kastle Technologies Co., LLC.
We are seeking a project engineer to be a part of a team of coordinators and engineers developing AutoCAD drawings and working in an independent environment. The ideal candidate will define project scopes, site surveys, perform engineering calculations and provide technical assistance through the construction phase. It is the responsibility of the project engineer to oversee and maintain an effective Quality Control system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review all design submittals for coordination, constructability, and compliance with contract requirements. Monitor, coordinate and manage the design development along with the rest of the project design.
- Review and check submittals, shop drawings, equipment data, material samples and/or manufacturers for compliance with contract drawings.
- Maintain logs and supervise RFI's, Daily Reports and Submittals.
- Perform field inspections of system installations verifying that work is in place according to drawings and specs and work meets or exceeds code requirements. Inspect materials for compliance with submittals and shop drawings.
- Support Project Manager with project establishment and closeout.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems relating to Quality Control.
- Coordinate Quality Control work with other trades and superintendents to ensure safe and seamless management with all trades and activities.
- Promote safety goals and the culture of safety on the jobsite.
- Coordinate testing and inspection of off-site materials storage and testing.
- Monitor the performance of all control activities and tests on systems.
- Develop and review of complex project calculations.
- Prepare documented design inputs. Review design inputs and review of engineering drawings.
- Prepare reports and study existing technical information clearly and precisely to attain client requirements.
- Participate in design and construction coordination meetings internally and externally as needed.
- Negotiate and maintain relations with vendors and subcontractors.
- Comply with I.S.O. 9000:2015 operations work instructions, contracts, safety program, and Company established policies and procedures.
- Escalate critical and/or sensitive issues to the Director of Engineering or Project Manager with recommendation for resolution.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the operating needs of the company or as directed by executives.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.POSITION REQUIREMENTS/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 7 - 10 years related experience in construction industry.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Business Administration and Master of Science in Engineering or Business Administration desirable.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and contract documentation.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and city regulations and guidelines.
- Experience performing construction and engineering calculations.
- Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principals and techniques, of all general contract and subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. A basic understanding of accounting and cost control procedures.
- Proficient in AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP, and Navisworks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel applications.
- Working knowledge of estimating software desirable.
- Working knowledge of construction scheduling software such as Primavera desirable.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize multiple projects and resource planning skills.
- Must demonstrate technical skills necessary for project engineering.
- Must work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and also travel to field locations as needed.
While visiting field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.