Title: Project Engineer
Location: Kennewick, WA
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Lamb Weston is currently searching for a Project Engineer to support projects for the production of frozen potato products. This position is responsible for developing, managing, and executing domestic and international projects for Lamb Weston. Projects may include investigating or developing processes, developing project concepts and budgets, troubleshooting or investigating technical issues or implementing capital projects. Project Engineer's also assist in the development of procedures, best practices, and specifications. Project Engineer's may at times direct small scale projects or be part of a large scale project team(s). Project work includes design, capital requests, project reviews, and presentations. Developing contractor bid packages, overseeing project installation, cost tracking, training, startup assistance, and post project support. This position requires domestic and international travel. Working closely with the various levels of Procurement, Operations Management, EHSS, Food Protection, Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Plant Staff, and Production Personnel is critical. This position coordinates activities with LW Operations and is based out of our Kennewick, Washington, engineering office.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Reflects our LW values, supports our LW vision and helps complete our LW mission of being the No. 1 Global Potato Company
- Drive for a TIR of '0' ZERO.
- Drive for '0' ZERO project design or executions impacts on product quality.
- Lead and participate in the successful development and execution of projects with a strong emphasis on Safety, Quality, Cost, and Customer Service
- Front End Loading Phase (Project Development) activities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of a project charter and objectives where scope and deliverables may be ambiguous and need bringing into focus
- Lead process design project activities including preparation of design concepts, development of block flow diagrams, review of process flow diagrams, and review of piping & instrumentation (P&ID)
- Perform mass flow balance, material flow analysis, heat transfer calculations, fluid flow calculations and energy balance calculations
- Develop scope, schedule, budget estimates and cost justifications as project progress through stage gate process
- Prepare scope documents for Request for Proposal (RFP) & bidding process.
- Write, present, and submit Capital Investment Request (CIR) and supporting documentation.
- Project Execution Phase activities include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in evaluation of vendor proposals, making equipment selections, creating purchase requisition, and performing good receipts
- Work with design team developing detail engineering drawings. Perform reviews and approve drawings & technical documentation ensuring compliance with design criteria and deliverables.
- Ability to conduct design / process risk assessments.
- Drive adherence to standards, develops/contributes to company technical specifications and standards.
- Review submittals, answer to RFIs and conduct field visits to verify onsite work is proceeding according to design. Provide field installation supervision and contractor management.
- Manage change order process, project cost control, and forecasting of monthly capital spending
- Ensure that all technical deliverables, cost, and schedule requirements are met throughout the execution phase
- Participate in development and review of Functional Design Documents (FDD)
- Develop Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) documentation and execute those successful FAT.
- Vertical Startup Phase activities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in Vertical Startup (VSU) process
- Lead commissioning and field troubleshooting
- Identify and resolve technical problems on site
- Conduct lessons learned sessions with project team and stakeholders
- Complete closeout documentation.
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvement projects to increase productivity, reliability, sustainability, and cost reduction.
- This role may have some supervisory responsibilities, at times.
- BS in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years practical engineering experience in manufacturing. Food & beverage manufacturing is desirable.
- Lambweston's propritery PQ and APPT training preferred. If not must quickly obtain.
- Completion of OSHA 30 hours construction safety course is desirable
- Proven ability to work with multifunctional teams, build and leverage relationships across multiple functions to maximize team performance and achieve project success criteria
- Knowledge of LW specific operations processes and programs is desirable
- Excellent communication, technical, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project and applied use of AutoCAD applications.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time on average with peaks potentially exceeding that amount for some duration.
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the following physical demands without assistance:
- Sitting for up to 8 hours a day
- Lift up to 15 pounds occasionally (up to 25 pounds infrequently).
- Walking on various manufacturing facility surfaces
- Climbing up ladders and stairs
- Exposed to plant noises and vibrations
- Temperature changes from hot to cold depending on work area
- Ability to safely operate a Company vehicle.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-222850
Time Type: Full timeLamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law