Job Title: Mechanical Construction Project Engineer
Location: Greater Phoenix/Tempe Arizona
Reports to: Project Manager
University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors (UMEC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, operations and maintenance. UMEC is a full-service mechanical contractor serving the western United States. UMEC is an industry leader in BIM technology; and innovative design-assist services for mechanical systems, including heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and piping systems for commercial, institutional, high tech, industrial and military clients.
University Mechanical is currently seeking a Mechanical Construction Project Engineer to assist the Project Manager with all Project Engineering functions at the assigned project site for various markets including; Semiconductor, Healthcare, Higher Education, Data Center, Manufacturing, and a wide range of other markets. Applicants with Military experience are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- The Mechanical Project Engineer position will execute all of the Mechanical Construction Project Engineering functions are performed accurately and in a timely manner on the project site;
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to ensure a complete scope of work is defined;
- Perform project estimating (Take-Off & Analysis), project scheduling (manpower scheduling), managing RFI's (Request for Information), preparing submittal packages, and managing the flow of contractor provided submittal data;
- Manage monthly productivity analysis, and initiating correspondence between the office and job site regarding shop deliveries;
- Assist in data population of forms, assist in technical analysis, and troubleshooting and problem-solving of HVAC air equipment, HVAC & Process Piping, Equipment Systems, and HVAC & Plumbing equipment;
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with Project Managers;
- Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Position Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering OR a minimum of 2-3 years work-related experience in the Mechanical Industry;
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and work experience showing the ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily;
- Demonstrated experience with project administration, project scheduling, productivity analysis, project cost control accounting equipment, and material procurement. Must have a basic working knowledge of HVAC & Process/Plumbing Systems.
- Must understand Commercial & Industrial construction sequences. Testing procedures for HVAC systems and ASHRAE data & guidelines. LEED certification is a plus.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, Project, Access, & Powerpoint). Project Management & Accounting Software experience preferred;
- Work on location at assigned construction project sites in the greater Tempe/Phoenix area
The requirements listed below are representative of the characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must prioritize in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
- Must work with minimal supervision.
- Must effectively manage time and details.
- Must interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customers, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and also travel to field locations as needed.
While visiting field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees:
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.