If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Project Manager to work at the Medical campus supporting initiatives at UHealth and the Miller School of Medicine. The role will focus on partnering with C-level executives and their teams to drive strategic business projects and initiatives (not IT or construction management focused).
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of various projects to ensure the successful development, completion, and implementation of department projects and initiatives.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Defines the scope of projects in conjunction with leadership.
- Discusses the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Determines the resources required to complete each project.
- Establishes and documents comprehensive project plans and timelines, which identify and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete projects.
- Reviews project schedules with leadership and other staff that will be affected by the project activities.
- Monitors the progress of the projects and adjusts ensure successful completion.
- Consults with the appropriate leadership on the selection of staff to assist with projects.
- Assigns project tasks to the identified project team for handling.
- Ensures all project personnel receive orientation that is appropriate to the project.
- Manages project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization.
- Reviews the quality of work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that work produced meets project standards.
- Documents all project-related activities and ensures project files are maintained and secured accordingly.
- Creates a communication schedule to update stakeholders, including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of projects.
- Prepares presentations and presents status reports for leadership
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
Bachelor's degree in relevant field required.Certification and Licensing:
- PMP (Project Management Professional) preferred
- LEAN and/or Six Sigma certifications preferred
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience (required). 5 years of experience preferred. Any combination of relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.Knowledge and Skills (preferred):
Department Specific Functions
- Knowledge of business, project, and management principles
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and coach others
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to manage complex initiatives and projects
- Superior research, benchmarking, presentation, and report writing skills
- Adept at problem-solving
- Working knowledge of Smartsheet and related PM tools and templates
- Demonstrated project management knowledge including charters, scope development, project plans, risk and issue management, execution, and completion
- Process improvement knowledge and associated tools and techniques
- The ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Ability to run multiple projects efficiently and simultaneously
- Ability to apply project management skills to research and academic initiatives
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.