EMCOR Services/Aircond, is the largest commercial and industrial heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) service company in the Southeast. For more than 80 years, Aircond has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency. Guided by three generations of family leadership, today Aircond delivers a full spectrum of facility services to single and multi-site clients, from HVAC service to complete operations and maintenance solutions.
Job Title: HVAC Project Manager
The Project Manager will supervise HVAC project/construction work for equipment replacements, or design build system replacements or additions. Occasionally, will have a project with engineer's plans and specifications. Additionally, candidate may assist in the design of new mechanical systems and trouble shooting of existing mechanical systems. Majority of equipment types involved are RTU's, split systems and mini-splits, with an occasional chiller or cooling tower.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, budget limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources.
- Purchase equipment and material for construction.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel and modify schedules or plan as required.
- Direct and coordinate activities of subs i.e. crane and electrician.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Assist salesmen with cost estimate of materials, labor and use of equipment required to fulfill provisions of contract and prepare bids.
- Assist in design and estimation of change orders to the existing contract.
- Subcontract specialized craftwork.
- Confer with engineering personnel and provide input on design modifications, as required.
- Monitor and prepare project reports for management, client, or others.
- Compile O&M and warranty paperwork.
- Complete commissioning procedures as specified.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering/MET or HVAC Engineering related degree preferred but not required. Minimum of 5 years HVAC project management experience is required.REQUIRED SKILLS
- Prior work experience in HVAC, or other construction/service related industry is desired.
- Fundamental knowledge of commercial mechanical systems.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and coordinate work.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Effective computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong adherence to Company safety goals and culture.
Direct or indirect management of employees in the North Carolina Projects Department.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, interpret and analyze routine business communications and to compose standard business correspondence. Must be able to present information, data, facts and figures across all organizational levels.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to perform simple mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages and percentages.CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's LicensePHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and physically able to survey equipment at job sites. Must be able to perform work outdoors in year round weather conditions while surveying equipment. Work may occasionally require exposure to dust, dirt, common allergens, refrigerants, or other potentially hazardous conditions.WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required while performing tasks.
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.