EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Project Manager (ND)
This position involves planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling all contract functions between EMCOR and the customer, (Boston Properties) at a secure site in Northern Virginia. Responsible for daily operations and maintenance and oversight of the contract budget; supervision of project personnel, supervision of new construction and remodeling of facilities; repair and maintenance, and systematic inspection, planning, and accomplishing repairs to facilities,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the DO in preparing quarterly financial forecasts and monthly updates. Ensures that the contract is managed in a manner that meets all contractual requirements and financial goals.
- With the assistance of a Chief Engineer, leads a team of technical employees. Responsible for maintaining a strong, trained and disciplined workforce.
- Assists in managing overall operations of the contract, including: the performance of daily operations, scheduled maintenance; IDIQ construction and renovations; administration of subcontracts for facilities work.
- Evaluates and ensures the efficient operation of the project, controlling operational expenses at a minimum level that is consistent with sound maintenance practices and contractual requirements.
- Provide administrative and technical direction and supervision to staff in completing work assignments.
- Administers the negotiation and bids for IDIQ construction and renovation contracts; and managing same contracts.
- In consultation with the DO makes recommendations concerning the hiring, promotion and termination of plant staff.
- Advises, and informs client facilities staff members on mechanical/electrical system issues and problem areas.
- Ensures proper upkeep of facilities to include heating, ventilation, air conditioning, sanitation, general appearance of buildings and emergency situations affecting the facilities.
- Coordinates purchase of necessary supplies, equipment and services from appropriate sources and maintains proper inventory control, maintenance and consumable supplies.
- Maintains liaison with architects, engineers and contractors/ subcontractors engaged in renovation, or other major projects.
- Maintains sufficient records, files, controls, and procedures to insure management and work production.
- Develops training schedules for employees.
- Maintains a strong safety program
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, in Engineering, or Business Management with a minimum of five years recent supervisory management experience including responsibility for all aspects of equipment operations and alterations, engineering and maintenance staff, subcontractors and customer relations. The incumbent must have knowledge of submitting written proposals, scopes of work, scheduling and coordinating site contractors and other assigned personnel; a through understanding of preventive maintenance schedules and operations and the ability to meet demanding customer requirements. CMMS experience required. CFM experience preferred.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct, and control all aspects of facilities activities.
- Ability to work with the customer to find mutually satisfactory solutions to difficult issues.
- Ability to work with management systems and variety of skilled/unskilled, professional, administrative, and industry personnel.
- Experience and knowledge of office administration, plant management, reporting, budgeting and control, and business operations, blueprints, buildings, grounds, equipment, housekeeping, construction, repair, maintenance, purchasing, inventory control, fire, safety management, BOCA & OSHA codes.
- General working knowledge of major facilities systems, e.g., RS Means, MAXIMO, acumen with Government contracting procedures.
- Strong experience with Windows and MS Office
- Demonstrated skill at developing and nurturing client relationships
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to organize and lead a group of people
- Ability to work independently or as member of a team
- Ability to adapt to ever changing priorities
The individual must be able to walk throughout a large facility to include climbing stairs, entering machinery room spaces, confined space entry and other physical tasks associated with running a multi-building complex.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.