JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
This position is to provide excellent customers service through proactive management of daily operations, shipment documentation and vendor management. Provide internal customer support and perform complex tasks for order processing and compliance. Interacts directly with the customer and internal sales/operations to provide customer satisfaction. Responsible for customer account inquiries and information on order and account status. Prepares necessary documentation for orders and resolves order status in compliance with customer and transportation standards. May provide lead direction or training of lower-level customer service personnel.
- Fully understand and plan all aspects of Air, Ocean and Inland forwarding processes for import and export shipments.
- Fully understand and plan all aspects of the packing processes
- Able to create/modify AWB's and OBL's
- Able to create/modify Packing Lists, Commercial Invoices, Certificates of Origin and other shipping documents
- Coordinate with vendors and control shipping process
- Coordinate with clients to provide information with regards to operations
- Coordinate with Subcontractors
- Coordinate with other JAS offices and/or agents
- Work independently more than 80% of the time
- Able to fill in for Project Manager on short term basis, when necessary
- Have advanced knowledge and functional competence with Microsoft applications
- Fully functional competence with internal JAS software programs
- Full knowledge of contract in reference to KPI's, billing, scope of work
- Full knowledge of export and import compliance
- Full knowledge of job costing and its implications, responsible for timely billing and collection and other accounting issues
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in freight forwarding
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English (reading/writing)
- Second language skills helpful
- Geographical knowledge preferred.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.ADDITIONAL:
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.DEFINITIONS: (if any abbreviation, the meaning needs to be inserted) Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.