We are currently looking for a Terminal Operator to be responsible for policies and procedures while maximizing mechanical integrity. Under the direction of the Terminal Manager you will oversee the terminal inventory; complete daily/month-end inventory reports; unload propane rail cars; monitor loading of trucks; responsible for maintenance and repairs in the terminal while operating a clean and safe working environment.
Why Suburban Propane?
- Surveil and secure to ensure safety on the premises
- Take daily temperature, pressure and liquid level readings of the storage tanks and record
- Complete daily, as well as month-end inventory reports using MS Excel
- Spot and unload propane rail cars and be able to load rail cars if applicable
- Oversee the loading of LPG trucks and be able to unload LPG trucks
- Perform light maintenance and repairs on equipment and facility
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Terminal Manager
Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of industrial job experience
- Ability to move objects that weigh 10 to 20 lbs.
- Basic understanding of computer concepts and usage including MS Office Suite
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.