Merakey is seeking a Psychiatrist for our ACT / CTT team covering Washington and/or Greene Counties.
Schedule: Option of part time 16 - 20 hours per week for 1 county, or full time for both counties.
H-1B eligible for FTE
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Teams are composed of professionals including psychiatrists, nurses, mental health professionals, substance abuse professionals, employment specialists, housing specialists, and a peer specialist, all of whom collaborate to provide complete services including therapy, medication management and resource linkage to adult individuals with serious mental illness (SMI). Services are provided in the individual's home or the community and include at least three home visits a week.
• To act as the Psychiatrist for prescribed clients.
• Supervise the treatment team in numerous areas.
• Conduct psychiatric assessments including psychiatric history, course of illness, response to treatment, mental status examination, and DSM V diagnoses and present assessment results at team meetings and treatment plan meetings.
• Perform individual, group, and family supportive therapy, as well as psychotherapy and illness education as needed.
• Prescribe psychotropic medications and conduct regular assessments of therapeutic responses and side effects and educate clients regarding psychotropic medications.
• Collaborate with Registered Nurses in assessment of client physical health, making appropriate referrals to community physicians for further assessment and treatment.
• Provide ongoing support along with the rest of the ACT / CTT team as well as counseling and education to team members and family members of clients to help them become more knowledgeable about mental illness
• Provide crisis assessment and management of consumers during regular work hours, both on and off site over the phone, during other hours, and as on call back up to the first line of on call staff
Malpractice / CME reimbursement for FTE
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavior health, and education non-profit provider with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. Our believe that every individual has the right to achieve growth, dignity and fulfillment guides all of our decisions. At Merakey, we care about each other and are committed to providing the very best care to those we serve. Merakey strictly follows a zero-tolerance policy for abuse.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer! We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Apply today at: www.Merakey.org/careers
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
• Board eligible or board certified Psychiatrist in the State of PA
• Experience providing treatment to persons with severe and persistent mental illness
• Supervisory experience is preferred
• Act 33 and 44 clearances are required
• Clean, valid DL and reliable transportation
• Must have current PA DEA
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled