Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager works closely with all members of the marketing team to implement externally facing programs and communications that promote the brand, its products and services, executives and subject matter experts to multiple audiences. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Public Relations & Events and will work with the team to ensure the brand remains top of mind with our target audiences in all areas including but not limited to product news, brand and partner activations, strategic alliances, color innovation, organizational and business updates, marketing activities and key CSR initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of integrated public relations strategy to drive brand awareness and relevant media coverage, maintain strategic relationships with press and external influencers to support all functions of Benjamin Moore
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop external communications plans and implement activities based on business needs
- Foster industry relationships with the media, notable end users, influencers, charitable groups, etc. and build network on behalf of the brand
- Manage day-to-day activity with two PR agencies to provide direction and content for key initiatives
- Act as a media contact for Benjamin Moore, implementing proactive and reactive media relations efforts and facilitating media requests for interviews, imagery, etc.
- Conduct media and message training with company spokespeople ahead of interviews, as needed
- Establish and implement a strategy to support independent retailer network and international distributors with turnkey public relations plans and materials
- Develop press materials including but not limited to press releases, fact sheets, talking points and FAQs, briefing materials, etc.
- Support crisis communications management through media monitoring and reactive media relations
- Identify and pursue thought-leadership opportunities for executives and subject matter experts through media and relevant industry events
- Partner with teams across the organization such as social/digital, product marketing, customer segments, internal communications to ensure alignment of external messaging and programming
- Share relevant news and industry trends with internal audiences
- Track programs against KPIs, reporting on successes and identifying opportunities for adjustment
- Oversee the work of the PR Specialist and provide training and mentorship
Required Knowledge & Desired Skills
- BA/BS required, preferably in public relations, communications, or related field
- Minimum of 5 - 8+ years of relevant public relations, communications or media experience is preferred
- Public Relations agency experience preferred
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinker with outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in an exciting, dynamic deadline driven environment
- Availability to work occasional evenings depending on events/PR needs; up to 10% domestic travel for select activations, conferences, etc.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
At Benjamin Moore & Co, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive because it benefits our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Benjamin Moore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Benjamin Moore provides Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to support eligible active employees who graduated from an accredited post-secondary educational institution. The Repayment Program is intended to contribute to reducing employee’s student loans. The Company follows all rules and regulations concerning the taxability of student loan repayments provided under applicable law.Company ProfileClick here to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.