If you are an energetic individual who enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team, then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Physicians Group is where you want to be! Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG) is one of the largest multispecialty groups in North Georgia. Representing over 20 medical specialties, we bring together more than 300 talented physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners, along with other clinical staff at more than 80 locations.
Pulmonary Function Technologist
Pulmonary function technologists run tests on patients with suspected respiratory disorders, such as lung diseases. This is a diagnostic role, and the technologist works with other medical staff to evaluate patients, identifying conditions to come to a firm diagnosis. Assesses patients and takes the proper course of action. This position will care for patients in the child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups. Employee performs clinical duties in accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Preferred Education requirements:
- 1 year as a respiratory practitioner.
- Licensed to practice as a Respiratory Therapist (Respiratory Care Professional) in the state of Georgia. CRTT or RRT Required. Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT) certification or registry (RPFT) preferred.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate degree
- Graduate of a two-year Respiratory Registry Program.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for effective communication to promote quality patient care.
- Communicates with staff and supervisors on patient care issues and Pulmonary Function schedules.
- Communicates effectively with physicians on patient orders, critical Pulmonary Function results.
- Responsible for all Pulmonary Function Testing.
- Ability to work independently.
More Awards and Accolades.
- Performs pulmonary function diagnostic procedures for the determination of lung function, which includes collection, and analysis of arterial blood gases.
- Performs spirometry lung volumes, nitrogen washouts and whole-body plethysmograph, maximum voluntary ventilations, and diffusion of carbon monoxide studies.
- Delivers appropriate inhaled medical treatments during inhaled medication studies.
- Collects and analyzes blood gas samples in radial arteries and/or single stick arterial.
- Manages portable oxygen for transport of patients unable to use vendor oxygen.
- Performs ventilation and carbon dioxide response studies, TB/Antigen skin tests, bronchial provocation challenge tests, and assist with cardiopulmonary exercise stress testing and microhematocrits.
- Calibrates and maintains equipment used, which includes running daily controls, calculating and platting for quality control, rotating electrodes, cleaning and performances maintenance as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.
We value diversity and always hire equally and equitably.
This job has expired.