To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure proper staffing, manage, and coordinate team member schedules.
- Manage inventory turn/working capital to budgeted goals - avoid supply disruptions while maximizing cash flow.
- Assist and train buyers in all functional areas.
- Recognize and avoid product dating/shrink issues.
- Ensure buyers are placing POs in accordance with vendor lead times and following documented end to end internal PO processes.
- Responsible for accuracy of financial/landed product cost.
- Assist in planning and manage the execution of planned inventory adjustments due to customer onboarding, seasonal business shifts, customer sales promotions or customer menu adjustments.
- Supervise special projects under the direction of the Director of Purchasing.
- Ensure that proper sales forecasts, demand elements and master data is maintained within forecast/purchasing software,
- Manage inventory levels to avoid service disruptions, minimize shrink and maximize cash flow through proper utilization of forecasting software.
- Ensure accuracy of PO pricing conditions, PO dates and PO quantities, assist buyers in resolving PO/Invoice disputes
- Request authorization for special vendor billings, assist buyers in resolving vendor billing disputes
- Review reporting for potential out of stocks, assist buyers in resolving potential service issues
- Assist sales and customers with product questions and information requests
- Ensure POs are built and priced to maximize logistic opportunities and maximize inbound efficiency through proper PO delivery dates and quantities
- Communication and team building with other departments: accounts payable; merchandising, operations, sales, logistics
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Manages department personnel including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; assisting in appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Understanding of the basic functions related to sales, buyer, and supply chain activities. Detail oriented with strong time management skills. Must be adaptable to change with positive attitude and able to work well under pressure. Intermediate Excel skills required. Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and good customer service skills. Must be able to work under tight deadlines and meet those deadlines. Must possess good negotiating and organizational skills. Must have working knowledge of PC's and computers including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). in other functions of food service preferred.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or related field with a minimum of three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
: Buyers and Purchasing AssistantsWORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers' requirements. Beyond that, you'll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We'll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Benefits (Applies to US candidates only)
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days
This job has expired.