We are looking for a QA Engineering Manager to lead a team supporting products under the Facebook App to help shape the future on how we build and deliver quality products at Facebook. As a QA Engineering Manager, you will work closely with the Product Management, Software Engineering, User Experience, Design, and Support teams to understand the product vision, roadmap and quality pain points to develop appropriate test strategies. You will be setting the QA team's technical vision and roadmap, developing and tracking project deliverables. An ideal candidate will be a passionate people manager, with strong experience driving quality programs across large Engineering organizations. You are methodical, a self-starter, and passionate about quality but also keen to help grow and coach individuals. The successful candidate is an experienced but hands-on manager who can build a high performing team and ensure it performs.
- Lead a high-performing team of QA engineers of various levels of experience.
- Build a quality driven engineering culture that helps ship products rapidly and with confidence.
- Partner with the product engineering team to ensure quality for a product/feature, assess risks and ensure features ship with a high quality bar.
- Plan, develop and execute a test strategy across core Facebook products and platforms in close collaboration with the product engineering team.
- Help tackle cross-platform engineering challenges and contribute creative ideas to improve quality.
- Implement and evolve QA processes to get effective test signal and scale testing efforts across multiple products.
- Partner with engineering and infrastructure teams to leverage automation for scalable solutions to prevent regressions and ensure reliability of product.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of test/quality engineering experience.
- 5+ years people management experience.
- Experience building a Quality Engineering organization that is responsible for end-to-end validation for a critical system or application.
- Understanding of testing strategies including technologies for automated testing.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience.
- Experience building relationships and influencing stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Experience working with external partners and service providers.
- Communication, analytical and problem-solving experience.
- Experience in managing black box and white box testing.
- Experience working with large engineering teams.
- Experience handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience effectively communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.