The ideal candidate must have a technical degree (BSc), capable of tackling small projects, including capital equipment and process changes, prepare and present reports detailing cost improvement initiatives.
• Primary Responsibilities
• Reviews specifications to understand the scope, requirements, and function of the product.
• Inspecting output samples using industry-appropriate methods, such as comparing to standards, measuring dimensions, and examining functionality.
• Conducts testing to ensure products perform according to user requirements and within established guidelines.
• Recording inspection results by completing reports, summarizing re-works and wastes and inputting data into quality database.
• Training the production team on quality control measures to improve product excellence
• Proposing improvements to the production process.
• Monitoring the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and discard any that do not meet requirements.
• Updating job knowledge by engaging in educational opportunities and regular training
• When a product does not perform within specifications, reports defects while identifying and recommending solutions, improvements, and updates.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Basic computer and math skills to calibrate and measure specifications.
• Ability to use measuring devices like gauges, meters, calipers, and computers.
• In-depth understanding of company standards.
• Up-to-date knowledge of federal and industry standards and best practices.
• Understanding of target market and consumer needs.
• Documentation and reporting skills.
• Teamwork and collaboration.
• Comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!