At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
his position is responsible for continuously improving plant food safety systems with emphasis on microbiological control programs and procedures with a goal of helping facilities reduce environmental pathogen findings. This position supports plant operation teams in multiple facilities, the Regional Corporate Food Safety Manager and Food Safety Compliance Manager to assure compliance with corporate food safety/quality systems and external agency food safety regulations.
How you will make contributions that matter...
- Review and revise existing corporate food safety systems with a focus on system controls and records.
- Develop new food safety / food quality systems related to all aspects of food safety as required to comply with corporate mandates and regulatory requirements.
- Work directly with each plant Operations and QA team to assure proper implementation of Food Safety Systems as they pertain to Controls and records.
- Manage Corporate Environmental Pathogen Monitoring Data and prepare trending reports for the Regional Quality Assurance Manager, the Director of Food Safety and VP of Food Safety and QA.
- Review and assist with Plant QA Environmental Monitoring Program, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions.
- Audit plant Food Safety equipment systems on a routine basis to assure compliance to policies and regulations.
- Participate, track and review results for Corporate sponsored "Swabathons".
- Develop and review SSOP's for Continuous Improvement of Food Safety programs.
- Work directly with each plant Operations and QA team to assure proper implementation of Food Safety Systems.
- Provide guidance and direct appropriate corrective actions associated with food safety and regulatory non-compliance at the plants.
- Monitor food safety risk indicators at each plant and provide assistance to plant operations in the mitigation of risk through continuous improvement.
- Provide detailed written and oral reports to plant managers and corporate leadership team members as necessary to assure full communication of plan gaps and risks, mitigation, compliance and overall status.
- Provide feedback in Continuous Improvement efforts involving the plant food safety plan verification activities
- Develop a rapport with Saputo Sanitation Managers and Chemical provider representative to assure sanitation needs are being met.
- Maintain knowledge and proper interpretation of current regulations pertaining to Regulatory Compliance as it pertains to Food Safety (EPA, FDA, USDA, and plant State Regulations) to assure the company's systems are appropriate and will provide compliance.
- Participate with regulatory and industry trade organizations to promote company views, improve industry food safety systems and understand the implications of food safety regulations. (IDFA, NCIMS, etc.)
- Participate in regular Food Safety Audits and assist in in-plant validation of Food Safety Preventive Controls
- Develop, manage and disseminate Plant Allergen Program Training
- Develop, manage and disseminate Plant Environmental Control Training
- Develop, manage and disseminate Plant Sanitation Training
- Participate in Equipment Review/Challenge Studies
- Assist in information gathering and reporting of Food Safety Incidents
- Assist in dissemination of Plant GMP Training and Behavioral Based Food Safety Programs
You are best suited for the role if you...
- Degree: BS in Food Science or other applicable technical field
- Exposure and knowledge of; Food Safety Systems, CFR, PMO, FSMA, SQF, HACCP, GMP's
- Prefer 3 years' experience with food manufacturing products including milk and milk products
- Prefer experience with food manufacturing sanitation, including MSS and sanitary maintenance
- Prefer technical writing experience, specifically policies and standard operating procedures
- Prefer experience in aseptic low acid food processing and regulatory requirements associated with LACF
- Prefer multiple plant responsibility/oversight
- Prefer experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- FSPCA PCQI Trained Individual required; Lead Instructor Qualification preferred
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- Development opportunities that enhance your career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.