Job ID: 320367
Staker Parson Companies, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position involving responsibility for the safe operation of sampling and testing soils, aggregates, and asphalt materials. Responsibilities include proper collection of materials to be tested, proper and accurate analysis of the materials, and accurate reporting and documentation of results. Driving of a company vehicle will be required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Safely and efficiently collect samples for testing.
- Set-up, operate and maintain nuclear density gauges for asphalt and soils compaction.
- Have a working knowledge of state DOT and governing agency job specifications.
- Ability to perform project test procedures relative to individual levels of certification in testing construction materials.
- Perform sampling, testing and reporting procedures according to established protocol, having the ability to test construction material samples and recording test results in a timely and accurate manner.
- Promptly report non-compliant tests to project superintendent when applicable.
- Maintain daily record of test results, prepare daily reports and submit results to project lead technician or main lab supervisor.
- Perform asphalt coring operations for density and investigation as necessary.
- Perform daily housekeeping operations and maintain a clean lab environment.
- Properly follow all company policies and MSHA & OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environmental best practices. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Perform job tasks in accordance with industry best practices and requirements of the equipment (lifting, carrying, sitting, walking, and climbing).
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One to two years prior QC experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instruction.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- WAQTC Certification is preferred
- CAPA Level A & B certification.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Must have ability to back light trailers.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Staker Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Salt Lake City Nearest Secondary Market:
Ogden Job Segment:
Technician, CAPA, Database, Testing, Technology, Management
This job has expired.