A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As the integral part of our innovation team, R&D Scientist- Catalysis at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI will collaborate with our partners in business development, product management, quality control, and production; This individual will ideate new product/technology concepts, innovate solutions, and create workable and sustainable production know-how with moderate independence.The R&D Scientist - Catalysis is expected to set a high standard for quality, and follow good housekeeping practices, business ethics, and comply with all safety regulations.
Who you are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Maintain knowledge & expertise in technical areas of organic and organometallic/catalysis chemistry
- Stay connected with the latest development in catalysis
- Contribute to well-defined project charters
- Develop hands-on expertise for catalysis
- Contribute to development of technical solutions
- Validate technical prototypes
- Document all the innovation work
- Support product launch and post-launch follow ups
- Transfer workable solutions to designated production group
- Provide needed technical support to production
- Collaborate with different departments such as safety, quality, and production to introduce new products & processes
- Serve as a technical liaison with other R&D or technical groups
- Follow guidance from senior scientists
- Ph.D. in Organometallics, Homogeneous Catalysis, or Organic Chemistry
- Master's Degree in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or related Chemistry discipline
- 5+ years of industrial experience in organometallics or homogeneous catalysis
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or related Chemistry discipline
- 10+ years of industrial experience in organometallics or homogeneous catalysis
- Extensive knowledge in modern catalysis, such as catalysis principals/trends, ligand/catalyst design, application studies, etc.
- Experience in homogeneous catalysis and catalysts screening
- Experience in catalysis areas of cross-coupling, and/or photo-catalysis, and/or chiral catalysis
- Experience in metal catalysis, such as Pd, Ni, Ru, etc., as well as NHC-based catalysis
- Knowledgeable with modern chemistry methodology, with a strong focus on organometallic chemistry, ligand & catalyst development/characterization, and new reaction exploration
- Extensive experience in Schlenk-line, glove box and air sensitive chemistry technique
- Experience in modern analytical and material purification methods, such as NMR, GC, HPLC, auto-column chromatography, etc.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge/experience in catalysis-based computationalstudies
RSRMS MilliporeSigma Millipore SigmaWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 223211
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.