Shifts: Tue, Thu: 430p-11p
E/O weekend: 3p-1130p
- The Ultrasound Technologist is involved in direct patient care while managing room workflow under the supervision of the Ultrasound Supervisor.
- The qualified individual will have certification in a minimum of 2 ultrasound modalities (Abdomen, OB/GYN) and maintain working competency in all assigned areas, participate in quality assurance plan. Incumbents must maintain certification in at least 2 modalities at all times.
- Performs Ultrasound examinations on all patients consistent with the programmatic needs of the department. Must maintain knowledge, skills, and ability to independently and competently perform the full breadth of exams offered within the ultrasound modality.
- Ensures that all exams are performed according to department quality standards, submitted in a timely manner, documented appropriately, and available for interpretation in a timely fashion.
- Works with and responds to the clinical direction of the Medical Director of Ultrasound, Ultrasound Supervisor, and/or delegates to ensure that the imaging standards are maintained.
- Provides exceptional care by explaining exams to patients, escorting to/from waiting areas, answering questions, and addressing patient concerns.
- Consistently demonstrates effective communication, both written and verbal, with all departmental, hospital staff, and vendors.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required to ensure efficient operation of the department and quality patient care.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we've been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.Qualifications
- Must have graduated from an accredited program in Ultrasound Sciences.
- Must hold and maintain a current ARDMS registry in Ultrasound
- Must hold and maintain a current BLS/CPR.
- New graduates must be registry eligible and acquire certification through ARDMS in Abdomen within 1 year of hire and in OB/GYN within 2 years of hire.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee's protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.