Job ID: 306862
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
The concrete mixer truck driver safely operates a vehicle designed to manufacture, deliver and unload ready-mixed concrete to customer standard satisfaction. The mixer truck driver receives direction and work assignments from the designated dispatcher/plant manager. Deliveries are made to job sites with difficult and congested delivery unloading points. Work hours vary daily according to customer demand for product and services. Other duties may include truck and plant cleanliness which will require shoveling/ sweeping. A minimum of class B CDL is required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Works safely and efficiently
- Safely maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Complies with all OSHA and USDOT/ FMCSA safe-operating practices.
- Use PPE that is supplied to you as directed
- Operate ready-mix concrete truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher or Plant Manager as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Frequently climb 8 foot ladder to ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner, and obtain proper signatures as required. Frequently handle 50 pound mixer chutes safely. Add Admixtures to drum when necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of the truck, including; rinsing drum before and after deliveries.
- Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Ability to read a receipt, write details on the ticket, write down information from customer regarding ticket
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic concrete instruction.
- Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues
- Utilize tablet, computer skills. Be able to follow GPS/ reading map books.
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned, including truck or plant maintenance, truck and mixer-drum cleaning, sweeping, shoveling or assorted yard work while maintaining a safe work environment.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends as required.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner without supervision.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Willingness to work independently when needed.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment as required by OSHA and/ or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position: Gloves, Hard Hat, Reflective Vest, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Seatbelt. Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
Must possess a valid minimum class B CDL.
Education and Experience
High school diploma preferred or equivalent; or minimum of 1 year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions; Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to handle stressful situations when meeting scheduled customer service demands and handling on the job customer complaints while making deliveries.
Driver License & Medical Card:
The employee is required to acquire and maintain a valid DOT medical card & a state issued commercial driver license Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, climb, stand, walk, sit, reach, drive, use fine motor skills and repetitive motion.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat and/or cold. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ***
Working conditions include: hot weather, cold weather, wet weather, exposure to noise, exposure to high heat, moving equipment and working with others.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jul 20, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Canton Nearest Secondary Market:
Akron Job Segment:
Plant, Plant Manager, Manufacturing
This job has expired.