Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. Provide a fun and safe environment for program participants to thrive in.
a. Greet each program participant with a welcoming smile and hello
b. Work with the Program Director to facilitate age appropriate games, crafts, and activities to provide opportunities for children to be active and engaged
c. Provide opportunities for children to help in planning their own activities and give feedback
d. Actively engage with campers in games, activities, and conversations
e. Provide opportunities for individual and group play
f. Ensure that campers are following camp rules for physical and emotional safety for themselves and the safety of others
2. Demonstrate competence in the tasks associated with licensure compliance
. Ensure that all participants are signed in and out of the program properly
a. Complete occurrence reports as deemed necessary and report to occurrence to program manager
b. Continuously assess the safety of summer camp spaces and equipment and report any issues with equipment, facility, or behavior to program manager.
c. Participate in emergency drills giving feedback to the program manager as to how well it went and what could be improved
d. Ensure that the program meets state ratio requirements per age group
3. Provide exemplary communication to Program Director, camp counselors, summer camp parents and/or guardians and campers
. Communicate with parents and guardians regularly- getting to know them by name, and keeping them abreast on their experience.
a. Distribute and collect any necessary paperwork or notifications to parents and guardians.
4. Assist program manager in coordination of camp
. Assist in planning, booking, and coordinating of field trips
a. Assist in planning, booking entertainment for campers
b. assist in scheduling of staff and adjusting to changes
c. Provide counselors and campers with support regarding discipline issues advising on progressive plans
d. Assist is facilitating annual camp staff training's and open house
5. Provide exceptional customer service to customers
. Provide accurate information to members and non-members in regards to on going and up coming youth programs, aquatics, and supervised youth and adult sports.
a. Manage flow of calls and inquires regarding programs and events offered at The Works in a timely manner returning all calls within 24 business hours.
b. Provide and receive information over the telephone in a pleasant empathetic manner
c. Seek out knowledge to educate current and potential program participants
d. Manage email correspondence for programs
6. Demonstrate competence in the tasks associated with processing various program registrations
. Accurately calculate and collect payment for programs
a. Accurate accounting of cash drawer
b. Accurately process registrations for program ensuring we have all required documentation for licensed programs.
c. Create and maintain databases to track registrations
d. Process child care receipt requests for participants reimbursement accounts and taxes
e. Build classes in our point of sale/ bookings system for programs, aquatics, and leagues
f. Scheduling of facility for programs, events, classes and meetings
7. Demonstrate competence in the tasks associated with coordinating rentals and field trips
. Maintain party and camp supply inventory- helium, balloons, tablecloths, ribbons, shirts, and other supplies essential to running a party
a. Train incoming party staff through shadowing
b. Responsible for ensuring parties and field trips are properly covered and working them when necessary
c. Book, plan, coordinate and staff field trips and overnights
d. Run and maintain required party/ event reports as requested by the Program Director
Experience Minimum Required
• 1-2 years experience working in a camp environment and designing theme based curriculum.
• One to two years administrative duties in a recreational customer service field or in any related field with financial transactions accountability
Education Minimum Required
• College courses in phys ed, childhood development or recreation
• High School Graduate or equivalent
• College degree in Recreational Management or Hospitality Management
• Conflict Resolution Training Customer Service
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Must be proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
• Must posses exemplary telecommunication skills
• Must be competent in processing money transactions
• Must posses exemplary interpersonal skills
• Must have time and organizational skills
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• CPR First Aid within 3 months of hire
Licensure and/or Certifications Preferred/Desired
• First Responder
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted about 3 hours ago
Jefferson City, Missouri
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago