Regional Building Official
GBA is looking for a Regional Building Official to join our Code Services team in our Columbia, MO office. Our team members provide thorough permitting, plan review, and inspection services to clients, as well as assist with building departmental policies and procedures related to code enforcement. GBA's Code Services team provides high quality services with a focus on health and safety in the built environment.
GBA offers the opportunity to work on a large variety of projects, in a collaborative team environment, with room for career growth and development and opportunities to interface with and work alongside in-house architects, engineers, contractors, commissioning specialists, and project managers.
- Coordinate regional business development activities.
- Provide fiscal oversight and management of regional projects.
- Prepare proposals at the request of clients.
- Coordinate regional plan review efforts with the assistance of GBA Code Consultant.
- Coordinate building permit issuance for regional projects.
- Coordinate building inspection activities for regional projects.
- Issue Temporary Certificates of Occupancy (TCO) and Final Certificate of Occupancy (FCO) for regional projects.
- Manage existing client relationships including regularly scheduled status update meetings and reports.
- Supervise regional staff including scheduling, training, and career development planning.
- Support other regions, as necessary.
- Assist the Chief Building Official with strategic planning.
- ICC Certified Building Official (CBO). OR ICC Certification C5 and obtain CBO within first year of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a certified building inspector or plans examiner.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Relevant completed college coursework preferred.
- Located in or willing to commute to Columbia, Missouri.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Proficiency with electronic methods for reviewing plans and documenting inspections.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software - Word, Excel, Outlook.
Feel overqualified? Feel underqualified? Apply anyway if this sounds like the fit you are looking for! We have flexibility in how we hire the role.It's More Than Just A Job...
At GBA, we are not your average engineering firm. We are about innovative people who want to solve problems. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life. And we are changing the industry by integrating the design and construction process with use of new technology.
Our people are ambitious, passionate, and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We've created an environment where we celebrate our team's eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you'll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.
This job has expired.