This job can be located in Boise, ID; Los Gatos, CA and/or Remote in the US
Cradlepoint - a part of Ericsson - was born in Boise and built for wireless. We are a team of authentic, hard-working, and innovative people driven by a shared vision toConnect Beyond the limits of wired networks. We help customers - big and small, across industries and around the world - utilize LTE and 5G cellular technology to connect people, places, and things, anywhere.We're at the forefront of the Wireless WAN and 5G - the next big waves in networking - and we remain as hungry and humble as the day we started. If you're hungry to be part of something big, come join us.
How Will You Contribute to the Company?
Cradlepoint is growing fast, and we want you to join our fantastic and growing engineering team. Cradlepoint is the global leader in cloud-delivered 5G and LTE-enabled networks solutions for connecting people, places, and things. The company provides its customers with the pathway from 4G LTE to gamechanging technologies like Gigabit LTE, 5G, and Pivate Cellular, and it is positioned at the intersection of Enterprise SDWAN, IoT/M2M and Security markets. We are seeking a Regulatory Engineering Manager to be responsible for driving international expansion of Cradlepoint products. Cradlepoint has a broad portfolio of products with international demand; this role will challenge the successful candidate to help Cradlepoint grow and meet our aggressive targets. This market includes in-vehicle networks and mobile LTE- and 5G-enabled routers, distributed enterprise branch LTE- and 5G-enabled routers, LTE/5G failover devices, LTE/5G IoT products, and Private Cellular networks.
What Will You Do?
- Lead and grow the Cradlepoint regulatory team into a world-class, full-scope Compliance team to cover all aspects of product compliance (regulatory, environmental, sustainability, and industry-specific)
- Develop, implement, and maintain methods and metrics for continual process improvement to support Cradlepoint's world-wide growth and expansion
- Work directly and indirectly with overseas ODMs to ensure compliance programs are managed and executed efficiently
- Advise senior management about all aspects of regulatory compliance
- Track all regulatory compliance team activities
- Manage issues, problems, and escalations to key stakeholders, management, and team members
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Design, Industrial, etc.)
- Two (2+) years of experience managing a team of engineers or program managers
- Ten (10+) years of work experience managing RF, EMC, and/or Environmental compliance projects for World-Wide deployments
- Demonstrated proficiency in end-to-end regulatory compliance for commercial and/or industrial products, including FCC/IC/CE/RCM/IMDA/ICASA/NOM/SIRIM/JATE certifications
- Networking or RF regulatory experience preferred, including module integrations and co-location of radios.
- Understanding of domestic and international safety certifications such as UL/CB
- Understanding of domestic and international environmental compliance such as RoHS, Prop 65, and REACH, plus international variants.
- Experience in Wi-Fi Alliance
- Experience in Bluetooth SIG
- Experience in OnGo Alliance
- Experience in RoHS, with emphasis on European requirements but ability to expand/understand/distill requirements for China, Middle East, and South Asia/Australia
- Experience in REACH
- Experience in Prop65
- Experience in Conflict Minerals
- Experience in WEEE
- Experience in Mechanical Compliance (Shipping, Automotive, MIL-STD, Trains
Note: Did you know that women and other marginalized groups often hold back on applying to jobs if they don't meet 100% of all listed requirements? We don't want you to hold back! If you don't check every single box above but still feel like you could successfully do the work, we encourage you to apply! We'd love to connect and see how you could add to our team.Why Cradlepoint?
At Cradlepoint, we celebrate & support the unique contributions of our vibrant, global employee base. We know that our differences of perspective inspire creativity and drive innovation. Our culture is based on a set of shared values designed to unite and enable our community to thrive.
At Cradlepoint, we are hungry & humble.
Our values drive everything we do.
Respect: we seek to understand, value all perspectives and celebrate our differences.
Integrity: we take ownership and accountability and do the right thing - even when it's hard.
Perseverance: we accept and embrace change and have a passion to win.
Professionalism: we build trust by delivering on our promises and working collaboratively to hold each other accountable.
Our focus areas define how we work:
Cooperation & Collaboration: we are one team.
Courageous, Fact-based Decisions: be a curious learner and ask questions.
Execute with Speed: empower employees and guide.
Speak-up environment: dare to disagree.
Empathy & Humanness: care for each other and support work life balance.
We are creating the future of global connectivity & building the new network for the new enterprise. Come join us. You belong here.Compensation and Benefits at Cradlepoint
At Cradlepoint, we know that our people are the key to our success. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to help with your individual needs and goals. Your Pay:
The salary range for this position is listed below. The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate's combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
Your pay also includes the opportunity for an annual bonus. This variable pay opportunity is dependent upon the attainment of agreed to goals and objectives as determined by Cradlepoint's Senior Leadership team. Certain eligibility and pro-ration rules apply. Your Health:
Cradlepoint offers excellent, competitive employee benefits, such as: subsidized, nationwide PPO medical benefit options including a low-deductible Point of Service Plan and a qualifying High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), with a generous company-provided HSA contribution. For California employees, we offer a subsidized HMO option through Kaiser. Cradlepoint also offers subsidized dental and vision coverage.Your Financial Security:
We invest in both your short and long-term financial wellbeing. Cradlepoint's 401(k) plan has a 4% company match and immediate vesting. Employees will also receive company-paid employee basic life and AD&D insurance and company-paid disability benefits.Your Time:
Your work-life balance is important to us. Cradlepoint provides generous paid time off, including: 15 days of Flexible Time Off (FTO), four paid quarterly well-being days, and 11 paid annual holidays (includes nine company holidays and up to two floating holidays). Please note that an employee's FTO balance and floating holidays may be prorated in the first year, based on start date. Cradlepoint also offers paid maternity-leave benefits and six weeks 100% paid family leave for all employees. Additional Benefits:
Cradlepoint offers other company-paid benefits such as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, a free Headspace membership, LinkedIn Learning access, Talkspace mobile therapy, and volunteer paid time off.
Cradlepoint's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging mission is to create an inclusive work environment where all employees' differences are celebrated, their thoughts matter, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and aim to attract, develop, and engage top talent from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy and commitment to provide equal opportunity employment for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.