REMOTE Principal Software Engineer - RISC-V CPU If you are a REMOTE Principal Software Engineer with RISC-V CPU experience, please read on!
*Job Title:* REMOTE Principal Software Engineer - RISC-V CPU
*Job Location:* REMOTE - we have offices in Cupertino, CA & Austin, TX
*Compensation:* $150K - $200K+ Depending on experience plus stock options!
We are a well-funded (Series B) start-up founded by semiconductor veterans. Our global team is delivering a family of no-compromise, high-performance RISC-V data center-class CPUs with extensible instruction set capability delivered in the form of multi-core chiplets or core IP for high-performance applications in the cloud, enterprise data center, hyperscale, 5G, edge compute, AI/ML and automotive markets. We have an extensive partner ecosystem to deliver turnkey solutions. For instance, our company has a new partnership with Intel allowing us to jointly address leading customer requirements by combining best-in-class RISC-V compute with the Intel Foundry Services ("IFS") proven connectivity IP, leading edge process, advanced packaging and reliable supply chain.
Our company holds leadership roles across many RISC-V technical working groups and is represented on RISC-V International's Board of Directors. Additionally, we were recognized by CRN as one of the 10 hottest semiconductor startup companies. Our executives are also frequent keynote speakers at industry events, such as the recent RISC-V International event.
Top Reasons to Work with Us 1) Competitive Compensation ($150K - $200K+ base Depending on Experience)
2) Comprehensive Benefits package including stock options and flexible working arrangements!
3) The chance to join a small start-up with huge upside potential!
What You Will Be Doing We are looking to hire multiple software engineers to help us with our firmware, systems software, and compiler/toolchain development for our best-in-class, high-performance RISC-V CPU cores and compute subsystems!
What You Need for this Position Must have a BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar degree with 5+ years industry experience with the following:
- Embedded software / firmware development experience with C/C++
- Hands-on programming experience with the Linux kernel internals, device drivers for multi-core SoCs, Linux networking and PCIe sub-systems
- UEFI BIOS/EDK2.1 experience and low-level embedded firmware development experience
- Hands-on experience with the GNU/LLVM tool chain and debuggers like GDB
- Hands-on programming and debugging experience with board bring-up and BSP delivery
- Experience in performance optimization at the firmware, bios, kernel and application layers including hardware accelerators
- Ability to work independently and across geographies with hardware, SQA and product management teams
- Good understanding of CPU architecture, ARM or X86
- Knowledge of Linux power management, Linux Reliability-Availability-Serviceability (RAS) framework, DPDK, Control Plane, SMART NIC, Networking Fast Path and the Linux Storage stack
- Development experience with Virtualization and Hypervisors including KVM and QEMU
- Experience working in multi-core, multi-process/thread environment
- Knowledge of open-source Linux, source code upstreaming, git repository maintenance and source code management and kernel.org flow understanding
- Linux Kernel driver design
- Hands-on implementation with writing new PCIe or ethernet drivers in Linux
- Porting an existing driver from one architecture to a different one
- Linux Kernel crash debug
- How to add instrumentation to root cause the issue to a software or hardware bug.
- Linux Kernel Memory, Clock, Timers, Interrupt sub-systems
- Linux Kernel performance optimization
- Knowledge of perf, oprofile, flame graphs and getting visibility into performance bottlenecks
- Understanding of AL/ML frameworks like TensorFlow will be an added plus
So, if you are a REMOTE Principal Software Engineer with RISC-V CPU experience, please apply today! or send an updated copy of your resume to *Mike.Vandenbergh@CyberCoders.com* for immediate consideration!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Mike Vandenbergh
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!