If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Hussman Institute has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Research Associate 1. The Research Associate 1, SOM contributes to the University's research activities under the supervision of senior staff. Moreover, the incumbent understands, interprets, and complies with research policies and protocols.
- Communicate professionally, verbally and in writing, with team members and colleagues
- Exhibit the ability to take direction from peers, follow detailed and specific instructions, take applicable notes, ask pertinent questions and think critically
- Demonstrate the ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Operate standard lab equipment including, but not limited to, single and multi-channel pipettes, centrifuges, heat blocks, thermocyclers, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn molecular genetic techniques
- Perform quantitation and qualitation of DNA/RNA samples by nanodrop, Qubit fluorometer, Agilent BioAnalyzer/Tapestation and gel electrophoresis
- Perform tasks with an attention to detail and a desire to achieve accurate results while minimizing human error and processing failures
- Keep an organized and detailed laboratory notebook associated with all executed laboratory procedures
- Possess the standard computational skills necessary to acquire proficiency in new software programs, cloud-based tools, online webforms and databases
- Work closely with senior research associates to train on at least one highly specialized molecular genetics platform in the genotyping, sequencing or biorepository core in order to successfully execute and troubleshoot its protocols independently
- Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures.
- Participates in the publication of significant results.
- Maintains an overview of relevant research findings.
- Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice.
- Keeps abreast of current publications relative to methods, techniques, and developments within the area of research.
- Collects, prepares, analyzes, dissects, and evaluates specimens or tissue cultures.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Performs a variety of routine assays, tests, and studies.
- Performs calculations to complete research test results, collects data, and performs statistical analysis of laboratory results.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Bachelor's Degree in relevant field requiredExperience:
No prior experience requiredKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: