If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Psychology in the College of Arts & Sciences is seeking a full-time Research Associate 2 to support the Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos (HCHS/SOL) and related ancillary studies. The HCHS/SOL is an epidemiological study in Hispanic/Latino populations designed to describe the prevalence of cardiovascular and pulmonary disease and other select chronic diseases.
This position will be located on the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine campus.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Biology, Heath Sciences, or Related Field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Bilingual fluency (Spanish/English) to support the research population
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Contributes to basic and applied research activities by collecting and analyzing data, maintaining databases, etc...
- Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures.
- Participates in the publication of significant results.
- Advances expertise through continued education, training and/or research.
- Maintains an overview of relevant research findings.
- Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice and guidance. Performs specialized and complex experiments.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Writes extramural proposals to gain support when appropriate.
- Operates sensitive and highly complex laboratory equipment.
- Performs calculations to complete research test results.
- Participates in training sessions and workshops.
- Leads data collection activities for HCHS/SOL Visit 3 data
- Acts as liaison with university IRB, ensures only IRB-approved documents are utilized
- Performs statistical analyses of research data for use in publications
- Assists principal investigator with petty cash and participant incentives, including the processing of research participant payments
- Participates in stakeholder meetings/conference calls related to HCHS/SOL study
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: