If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
$10,000 Sign On Bonus
Location: Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center has an exciting opportunity for an Oncology Research Nurse. The incumbent:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Collaborates with healthcare providers through discussion and assessment of diagnoses and ascertain patients reporting elevated symptom burden and concerns related to cancer survivorship.
- Assessment: Assesses patients by interviewing/examining the patient, reviewing the patient's medical history, physician's diagnosis and orders, diagnostic test results (labs, x-ray, MRI, etc.) to determine plan of care and monitor patient's progress.
- Ensures proper follow-up, surveillance, and recovery care for cancer survivors.
- Assess patients for treatment related symptoms and ensures evidence-based symptom management is prescribed by research team or primary health care provider/team.
- Coordinates referrals to ancillary services such as, social work, palliative medicine, rehabilitation medicine, addresses comorbidities and other relevant disease factors such as bone health, polypharmacy, etc. and in collaboration with other health care professionals.
- Reports to OSL nursing leader for clinical duties.
- Planning/Outcomes: Develops a plan of care from the assessment/diagnoses and physician collaboration.
- Identifies expected outcomes based on the assessment/diagnoses and provider collaboration.
- Participates in the education of patients regarding survivorship and symptoms.
- Implementation/Education: Institutes necessary actions as outlined in the plan of care.
- Collaborates with team members to ensure implementation of plan.
- Implements physician orders.
- Documents assessment, management, and evaluation in source documents for patients as appropriate.
- Documents adverse events according to CTCAE criteria and confirms AE documentation with the research team if applicable.
- Provides patient/family education regarding disease processes, treatment options, treatment outcomes, possible complications, medications, survivorship concerns, discharge planning, and lifestyle modification.
- Integrates current knowledge of professional issues, trends in health care and technological advances into scope of practice.
- Seeks resources on an ongoing basis that provide oncology treatment and nursing practice updates, such as through professional mentoring and meetings, journals, and approved internet sites.
- Communicates plan of care to team members.
- Assists in the management of family dynamics and coping mechanisms during acute and chronic phases of patient care.
- Consultation/Collaboration: Consults with collaborating medical teams on implementation, evaluation and revision of treatment plan.
- Develops relationships with referring physicians, clinical staff, and ancillary departments to facilitate care coordination of the patient.
- Ensures ongoing formal and informal communication regarding survivorship research with team members.
- Collaborate with clinical survivorship on projects, events, and other related initiatives.
- Research: Coordinates the implementation and system-wide expansion of EHR symptom and toxicity monitoring and management, patient triaging and cancer care delivery and patient- and system-level outcomes research (e.g. My Wellness Check Initiative).
- Develop and improve clinic workflows for system-wide initiative implementation.
- Review, analyze, and monitor weekly reports from Medical IT for Quality
- improvement efforts.
- Report to the Associate Director for Cancer Survivorship and Translational Behavioral
- Sciences on improving the quality and operations of the initiative.
- Assist in expansion of My Wellness Check initiative to satellite clinics. Collaborate in other related EHR symptom monitoring and management programs, research and initiatives within Cancer Survivorship and Translational Behavioral Sciences. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of clinical and research related computer programs. Actively supports patient satisfaction data collection. Pilot Project: Remote Survivorship Nurse Navigator Role:
- Risk stratifies patients and assure appointments accordingly with Family Medicine APRN/MD or Internal Medicine.
- Facilitate communication with internal or external PCP.
- Facilitate Multi-D survivorship care and referrals to support services.
- Communicate with Oncology Nurse Navigator.
- Assesses, troubleshoots, and reports problems with data collection to appropriate managing staff. Identifies desired research outcomes and evaluates and monitors subjects' responses.
- Conducts initiation visits and registers patients in clinical studies.
- Performs study data collection and entry using charts, correspondence, medical records, and relevant communications.
- Identifies and procures equipment and supplies needed to fulfill project requirements.
- Educates staff and subjects about protocols, treatment, possible side effects, and complications.
- May also collect and handle specimens as required by individual study protocols.
- Prepares and processes new research proposals and amendments and continually monitors applications and adverse events.
- Assists with study completion, data lock, study closeout, and archiving of study files to ensure completeness and continuity of all study data.
- Completes ongoing checks of clinical data entered on the case report forms to ensure accuracy and revises any discrepancies.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.Certification and Licensing:
Valid Florida RN licenseExperience:
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Phlebotomy experience preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.