Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
What you do
As a valued member of energy storage material team, you will innovate through next-gen ideas, suggest new project areas, and establish technical plans for advanced batteries targeting EV application. To support development projects, you need design and synthesis novel materials, perform material level characterization and analysis, cell integration, failure and root-cause analyses, and proceed further optimization. You will also need prepare high-quality technical report, external publications and records of invention in your area of research work.
Who you are
Additional Job DescriptionWhat you need
- Develop novel materials for advanced battery technology
- Material level evaluation, characterization and data analyses
- Research results summary in varies formats such as research report, journal publication, and conference presentation
- Initiate innovative concepts and research project
- Design and implement project or experiments to resolve technical problems
- Establish connection with both internal and external partners
- Ph.D degree in Science or Engineering
- Hands-on experience in energy storage material, or battery material research and development
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-art technologies in energy storage area
- Capable of generating progressive ideas, proposing, planning, and launching research project on core area of energy storage
- Ability to craft and proceed the experiment for material development and study
- Capable of work both independently and collaborate with cross-function teams
- Effective communication skills with other researchers or engineers
- Ability to work multi-task with cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead technical discussion within the team
- Ability to analyze and interpret experimental data
- Hand-on experience with chemical or material characterization
What would be better
- 3 -5 years of experience in battery material synthesis, processing, and characterization
- Experience with polymer-based electrolyte
- Experience with active materials such as Cathode material
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.