Residency/Fellowship Program Assistant - Surgery Education
Job No: 525515
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department: 29140401 - MD-SURGERY-RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Residency/Fellowship Program Assistant - Surgery Education
The Department of Surgery is actively seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Residency / Fellowship Program Assistant.
Job duties include, but are not limited to;
Instruction and Scheduling
The position will assist and oversee the schedule and financial operations for the Vice Chair for Education. Including but not limited to travel, membership expenses and reimbursement. This position will manage the Vice Chair for Education's calendar and arrange meetings with residents, faculty, and other hospital staff.
Residency and Fellowship Programs, Medical Student Courses, Education and Assessment Responsibilities
Technical Management of Programs, Including Recruitment
- Maintain accurate and thorough academic records on all trainees, past and present.
- In collaboration with the Program Directors and Assistant Director of Education, assist with the monitoring and documentation of resident progress toward meeting their program-specific milestones using New Innovations and other methods of evaluation and assessment.
- Prepare and distribute all requisite materials for monitoring and reporting on resident progress and faculty teaching efforts.
- In collaboration with the Program Directors and Assistant Director of Education, assist with the development of educational materials and classroom/laboratory needs to ensure effective educational sessions.
- In collaboration with the Program Directors and Assistant Director of Education, construct and monitor effective methods of assessment of resident proficiency.
- Construct and maintain methods for improving the educational value of departmental training programs.
- Improve the use of information technology for educational purposes within the department, including educational webpages for training programs.
- Update educational goals and learning objectives and track educational activities of departmental training programs.
- Coordinate resident/fellow/medical student clinical rotation schedule and educational conferences, and track attendance.
- Assist residents/fellows/medical students with their other training and educational needs, when appropriate.
- Coordinate skills laboratory experiences and schedules for medical student courses.
- Maintain inventory of skills lab supplies.
- Secure and distribute supplies for housestaff and students as needed.
- Coordinate schedules, distribute and collect evaluations, and maintain attendance records for CME-awarding regularly scheduled conference series.
- Ability to organize and prepare accurate documentation of program compliance with ACGME defined program requirements, provide assistance in preparing ACGME annual updates, and provide progress reports when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of ACGME self-study and site visits.
- Must be knowledgeable of rules and regulations on house staff leave, and maintain accurate records of resident leave and hours on duty.
- Effectively use ERAS to successfully plan, organize, and implement recruitment activities for all sub-specialty training programs in the Department.
- Work with the NRMP to ensure all Match lists are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Maintain accurate resident and student records.
- Research and complete of verification of training forms.
- Customer service: respond to all inquiries via email or phone regarding the surgery residency programs.
- Assist with the processing of appointments for new residents/fellows, as needed.
- Share in responsibility of administering all exams in the Department.
- Assist with the supervision of the student assistant and/or Health Education intern.
- Approve and proof correspondence for the Program Directors and the Assistant Director of Education.
- Assist with the continuing medical education activities of the Department, including Surgery Morbidity and Mortality Conference and Surgery Grand Rounds.
- Prepare travel and reimbursements for residency-related travel and surgery education expenses.
$18.20 - $24.19 per hour
High school diploma and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time limited position. This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:
No Applications Close:
28 Mar 2023 To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/525515/residencyfellowship-program-assistant-surgery-educationThe University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency