Relocation assistance and Visa sponsorship available!
When you join The Home for Little Wanderers, you join a team of professionals dedicated to creating better, brighter futures for kids.
For over 200 years, The Home for Little Wanderers has helped build stable lives and hopeful tomorrows for vulnerable children and their families. Our 25+ community-based and residential programs serve thousands of at-riskyouthsfrom birth to age 26. Many of these children have experienced abuse, neglect,trauma,or a disrupted family life. As the oldest child welfare agency in America, we provide them with safe surroundings, permanent lovingrelationships,and a secure path toward a better, brighter future.
The Home for Little Wanderers,Waltham House, located inWaltham, MAis looking for an Evening Residential Supervisor. Waltham House is the first residential group home designed specifically for LGBTQIA youth in New England, and one of only three of its kind in the nation. Its founding principles are that every child deserves to live in an environment in which they feel safe, respected, supported and cared for by those around them.
The group home provides a safe and supportive living environment with 24-hour staffing for up to 12 gay, lesbian, bisexual, and/or transgender youth ages 14-18. Many youth at Waltham House have experienced difficulty - at home or in placement - due to their gender expression or sexuality identities. Their stay at Waltham House prepares them for what is next in their plan which may be reunification with their families, transitioning to a foster family, or preparing for independent living.
How You Will Be Making A Difference
- Work closely with Milieu/Program Director to ensure appropriate staffing coverage. Hire, train, supervise, performance manage and evaluate direct care staff. Mediate staff issues and employee conflicts. Host team meetings for staff and provide training and weekly supervision.
- Plan and schedule therapeutic groups designed to enhance children's growth and development and creatively plan social activities and special events.
- Coordinate and manage all activities of daily shift including, but not limited to, medical appointments, recreational activities, transportation to work and home visits, homework completion, behavior support system and chore and room completion.
- Provide, model and supervise group and individual behavior support and intervention in keeping with TCI principles including appropriate physical restraints as necessary.
- Ensure completion of all necessary shift paperwork including communication log, daily log, incident reporting, mentor sheets and behavior support monitoring
- Manage medical and emergency situations.
- Oversee the timely submission of records and documentation and ensure that staff are aware of activities that may have emerged on prior shift.
What The Home Can Offer You
- Equivalent to two years of college and/or two years child care experience in a residential setting with similar population of children
- MAP Certified
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer with the ability to learn new software applications
- In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of countless youth, The Home for Little Wanderers offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Extensive training to new staff
- Generous time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health and Dental Insurance available upon hire
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Long-term Disability and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- And more!
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.
This job has expired.