Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Location: 1800 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Casual (12 hours per week)
Night Shift; Varies
Weekends Required: Yes
Under general supervision, sets up, operates, and maintains oxygen and other therapeutic gas and mist inhalation equipment and mechanical ventilation equipment in order to administer prescribed doses of medical gases and aerosolized drugs to patients with cardiopulmonary disease. Assists clinical technical staff in resolving clinical problems. Performs all duties that are required of the Respiratory Care Practitioner. Acts as a preceptor to new employees and students. Orients and trains nursing and physician staff in the cardiopulmonary care and management of the adult patient. Performs all assigned duties that are required of and RCP. Membership in a national professional organization preferred. When available, it assists in extra-facility transports (ground and air) of patients requiring inhaled nitric oxide. Other duties as specified.
Associates Degree in Respiratory Care from a (COARC) accredited Respiratory Therapy Program required. Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Care from a (COARC) accredited Respiratory Therapy Program preferred.
Required Work Experience:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (R.R.T.) required of all new hires. Maryland State License Required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) CPR Certification required. All credentials must be maintained with active status. A.C.L.S. preferred.
Minimum of 6 months of experience preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess sufficient knowledge of cardiopulmonary pathophysiology and its relation to the practice of respiratory care.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the application of theoretical principles to the initiation, maintenance, and discontinuation of all respiratory care modalities and related equipment as gained in a COARC approved respiratory care program.
- Requires the aptitude to be trained and the knowledge to apply all equipment and therapeutic modalities used in respiratory care.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/respiratory-therapist-float-pool-adult-prn-respiratory-johns-hopkins-hospital-b-617251-d945f/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency