12 Hour Night Shift
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus Applicable for New Hires!!!
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System and Mercy Health are a part of Trinity Health a national Catholic health system with an enduring legacy and a steadfast mission to be a transforming and healing presence within the communities we serve. As a mission-driven innovative health organization, we will become the national leader in improving the health of our communities and each person we serve. We will be the most trusted health partner for life. Our Core Values, Reverence, Commitment to the Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity guide our behaviors to help us achieve our Vision.
Registered Respiratory Therapist who is responsible for performing various therapeutic procedures including advanced practice procedures such as, but not restricted to operating balloon pumps, working in NICU, performing Pulmonary Function testing, "PFT", etc. Participates in orientation of staff and student training programs for SJMHS which is a teaching institution representing the Respiratory Care department.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and guiding behaviors of SJMHS
- Provides professional leadership in the delivery of patient care.
- Uses "AIDET" principles when interfacing/treating every patient throughout the organization. (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank You).
- Where appropriate, with each patient interaction, uses the concept of "Managing Up" - a form of communication that positions information, a person, or team in a positive manner.
- Provides a consistent experience to patients, families, visitors and internal customers by using "Key Words at Key Times." Specifically, uses key words to help patients to understand what is happening with their care, help internal customers understand their service better, and build relationships.
- Serves as a consultant, resource person, and role model representing respiratory care in the health system committees or work groups as needed.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information according to HIPPA guidelines.
- Facilitates good rapport and cooperative relationships approaching conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
- Maintains safe respiratory therapy practices; alerts management of any safety issues or concerns.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Respiratory Therapist per AARC guidelines obtains and maintains competencies per RT II orientation. Some examples below:
Cardiopulmonary arrest situations Other emergency situations Participates in patient rounds Ensure treatments are provided in accordance with physician orders and approved medical protocols. Ensures that equipment is in safe operating condition and contacts repair personnel or Charge therapists as appropriate Based on clinical assessment of patient situations, suggests changes in therapies, etc., to medical staff to benefit cardiopulmonary patient care. Demonstrates knowledge of procedure(s) for oxygen and medical air shutdown. Maintains knowledge of and reviews pertinent hospital and all departmental policies and procedures. Prioritizes and addresses conflicting requests for respiratory care services.
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides high quality patient care considering age specific, developmental and cultural needs through competent practice and application of the respiratory care practice process.
- Demonstrates annual unit/area competencies
- Participates in new educational programs and equipment/ procedure implementations.
- Facilitates instruction of staff or students during clinical training, providing feedback when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Completes Health Stream yearly on a timely basis per SJMHS standards
Responsible for own education for professional growth and maintains log of activities.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE
Graduate of a two year advanced practitioner -Accredited Respiratory Therapist program: Registry eligible.
Maintain current RRT credential
Maintain valid State of Michigan License in Respiratory CareREQUIRED SKILLS AND ABLILITES
Consistently exhibits interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients, physicians and other health personnel and department management during all situations and in line with our mission and values.
Utilizes analytical skills necessary to identify patient's needs.
Possesses and exhibits the ability concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up to 100% of work time.
Ability to walk and stand for approximately 60% of work time and to lift, pull, push and carry portable equipment weighing up to 20 poundsWhy this position -- What can it do for you!
- Located in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, Michigan with easy access to US-23, M-14, and I-94.
- Full benefits package
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution option
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 22 different states!
- Free close proximity parking!
For more information regarding career opportunities with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System please visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers.
Successful candidate will be subject to mandatory vaccinations/immunizations unless they qualify for an available exemption.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American's with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper's Act, or SJMHS's Return to Work Program.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.