Reporting to the Director, the Respiratory Therapy Supervisor is responsible for providing coordination of specialized areas within the Respiratory Department.
Job Title: Respiratory Therapy Supervisor
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift
Location: Germantown, MD
- Competitive pay; Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates
Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision, PTO, Free Parking, Metro Access, Tuition Reimbursement, 403(b)
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
- Reporting to the Director, the Respiratory Therapy Supervisor is responsible for providing coordination of specialized areas within the Respiratory Department.
What you will need:Required:
- The Supervisor Respiratory acts as a resource person and mentor for all applicable staff, volunteers, and Physicians on the assigned shift on a 24/7 basis and when representing the department in all activities.
- Under the direction of the Director\Manager Respiratory Care, shall assure adequate shift staffing coverage and quality patient care on the assigned shift for the RT Department.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling and firing of staff.
- Evaluates the clinical practice of the staff within the department and provides all staff with a performance appraisal annually and as needed.
- Provides prescribed Pulmonary Rehab (if applicable) and Respiratory Care to patients, within department policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care on a specified group of patients.
- Collaborates with Department Director\Manager, physicians, medical professionals and other staff to ensure the quality of care given.
- Provides age-appropriate care for patients within their work area.
- Utilizes knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient's age to ensure that care provided meets the unique, physical and psychosocial needs of the patient.
- Involves appropriate parties (i.e.; patient's family or guardian, outside agencies) in the assessment, treatment and continuing care of the patient as needed.
- Registry with the National Board of Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Current licensure from the state of Maryland as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Current BLS (issued through the American Heart Association)
- ACLS (issued through the American Heart Association); if this certification is not currently held, it must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor's or higher degree preferred.
- At least three years of clinical experience, 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous Pulmonary Rehab and PFT and/ or NICU experience preferred.
- Must possess computer skills inclusive of Word. Proficiency in Excel and\or Access preferred.
- Able to demonstrate good ability to communicate using English language in written and verbal fashion, promoting a team approach to patient care.
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2022.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.