If you like the idea of helping clients achieve financial security, excel at providing high-level analysis, and have an eye for detail in reviewing client deliverables, an Actuarial consulting career at Mercer might be a great fit for you. Join our Mercer Wealth team!
Mercer's Wealth Practice is looking for a Retirement Actuarial Consultant to join our West Coast Team. This role can be performed remotely from a West Coast location. This consultant should be available to come into a local office, as needed, and visit clients, onsite.
Retirement Actuarial Consultant
What can you expect?
What's in it for you?
- As part of Mercer's Wealth business, you are responsible for supporting your client team in delivering actuarial consulting services to retirement plan sponsors of mid-size to large organizations
- The Defined Benefits Actuarial Consultant assists senior consultants with performing necessary calculations or analysis on special retirement projects and with day to day client contact and problem resolution
What you need to have:
- We are the globalleader in the human resources consulting
- As part of Mercer, we offer top-notch benefits: multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets - benefits coverage starting Day 1
- In addition, Mercer has other benefits anddiscounts on products and services, and more
We will count on you to:
- Bachelor's degree in math, actuarial science, statistics, economics, finance or related field
- 3+ years pension-related work experience, preferably in a consulting environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proven project management skills
- Superior analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Progress toward Society of Actuaries ASA, EA designation preferred
- Support your client team on project management, day-to-day client contact, and problem resolution
- Calculate and analyze special retirement projects
- Interact with clients by participating in meetings and presentations
- Acts as a mentor for more junior members of the team often involving peer review
- Collaborate with Mercer's Wealth Analytical services team to check and analyze actuarial valuation results, including analysis of census data, liabilities, assets and reporting, coordinating local office resources and project management
The National US average range for this role is $80,960 to $121,440. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications & education. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range however, such a decision will be dependent on a case by case basis.
In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 81,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $19 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.