About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking a Rigger Helper to work out of our Raleigh, NC. This is a long term, permanent position. You must be close (within 60 miles) of the Raleigh, NC office.
- Assist with the positioning of chain falls, hoists, blocks, rope, jacks, chains and rigging as directed by the Rigger
- Select cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Working knowledge in working with attaching rigging to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps
- Inspect work sites to determine presence of obstructions.
- Give verbal and hand signals as assigned.
- Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Secure material and rigging equipment for transport.
- Perform housekeeping of areas and of packing materials.
- Lift and carry objects of varying weights.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
Conditions may include working in shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, including rooftops and other elevated positions as well as, confined spaces.
Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spacesWe offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.